Maintenance Tracking/Reminder Tab?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
suncityauto

Maintenance Tracking/Reminder Tab?

Post by suncityauto »

Hello. Every time I want to check when the last maintenance was done on a vehicle, for instance a transmission flush. I have to search thru extensive history, page by page and item by item. I feel that this is a hassle. I believe that introducing a maintenance tracking tab would be very helpful in many ways. #1 The tab would have all of the main maintenance procedures listed. For example, fuel filter , timing belt, transmission flush, cooling system flush, etc... Next to each maintenance item there would be a date drop down and a space to enter the mileage at which it was performed. Even possibly a 30k,50k,60k, drop down for next time it is needed.
#2 This would be an easy one step reference for us to see when an item is needed or when it is coming due.
#3 This tab would prevent us from recommending a service prematurely. Which we all know can lead to upset customer's.

Please consider this. I feel this is a very beneficial item and the one thing lacking in the Manager program that would be a tremendous help in sales and service.
Thank you!
MRISICH
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

Re: Maintenance Tracking/Reminder Tab?

Post by MRISICH »

Check out Report Pro, part of the Mitchell1 Pro Pack software suite, has a report built in that delivers exactly what you are looking for. Check out the following links
http://managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=8728
http://www.m1propack.com
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Not sure if it helps you at all. Go back into the history screen. On the right side, right under Approved RO or Estimate" is a box "show categories" click that and see if that helps find it.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

I agree this would be a good feature, but are you aware of the search function under the History tab? This makes quick work of finding maintenance WITHOUT going line by line.

As an example, I will do a search right now and time it. This vehicle has 216 history records on file going back to 2003. I will check history on the four items you mentioned, Lets see how long it takes...............

There, it took me 26.4 seconds to find every record for that vehicle that included those criteria. Now I would much rather have it all spelled out already, don't get me wrong. But the Search function gets you there now in seconds.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
suncityauto

Post by suncityauto »

Thanks for the help. I am aware of the "show categories" and the "search" in the history. Those are ok, but still inefficient. I just believe that maintenance is just as important as repairs these days for shops to be successful. It should just be a tab after the revisions tab. Clear cut and accurate. Many of you know and understand that keeping up with, catching up on, and being able to let customer's know in advance about their maintenance is a key factor in the automotive business. Newer cars these days don't "break down" as often, so maintenance is the main approach for any revenue on those cars, until they "break down". Mitchell built it's business on "repair" information, but needs to evolve and understand that "maintenance" is just as important as the repair. I just believe that it should be included in the main manager program without additional cost.

Thank you.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”