Transfer Vehicle To Another Name?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
mtboone

Transfer Vehicle To Another Name?

Post by mtboone »

Long story short- we have a couple who have brought many vehicles to use over the years and we have a long history with each vehicle in our system. They are now divorcing and the wife would like all of her vehicles and their history onto her own account, which I created, but I am wondering if there is a way to transfer all of the records for her vehicles in "history" to her account? I know I can enter the license number, but it always recognizes it under the ex-husbands name and wont let me transfer any history. Anybody know how to do this? Much appreciated!!
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Transfer Vehicle To Another Name?

Post by ricmorin »

No, and when you think about it, it shouldn't.

History needs to stay with vehicle ownership at the time of the job. History also needs to stay with the vehicle. Manager does both. That's why you still see the old name on the history tab of the new owner.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
mtboone

Re: Transferring vehicle to another name?

Post by mtboone »

I actually did find a way to change ownership to the other persons name, but like you said the original name it was under show up on the history. That's fine because they are still both are customers but she just didn't want to see his name on things and wants to be able to be contacted about it and look it up with her info not his. Thanks for your response
ricmorin

Re: Transfer Vehicle To Another Name?

Post by ricmorin »

Emotions are running high, eh?

I assumed you had already changed ownership of the vehicle but were concerned about the labels in History. I can see where she may feel that way but keeping things straight in the database trumps here.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Tips + Ideas”