Auto Order Log Out????

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
uniautoserv

Auto Order Log Out????

Post by uniautoserv »

I'm having issues with employees leaving there order screen open. I have someone taking care of parts receivables in the bay area and some times he leaves it open so, the service writer can make some changes or add notes to the order. My parts guy also gives customers rides home. So we have to go all the way around the shop to close it,, Is there a timer to automatic log the order screen to WIP. We tell him to leave it on WIP but he is a hard headed guy. What can I do??
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Auto Order Log Out????

Post by Rich »

That would be a great option.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

There is no auto-close available at this time, but you can discover which machine has the order open and take over if you want. Click on the More Info (1) button when the warning pop-up displays. The display will show you the machine (2) and give you the option to take over (3).
moreinfo2.png
moreinfo2.png (18.27 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

I totally agree this would be a great option!
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

My worry would be this: I'm working on a big job/car all day and I keep getting logged out every (enter time interval here). This would be very frustrating as I would have to keep logging back in. Not my idea of fun.

How do you propose such a feature would work while keeping someone logged in who needs retention of an order?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
uniautoserv

Post by uniautoserv »

Well i was thinking of an non activity sensing system like a screen saver, and maybe you can disable per order. So if you are working on the big job that you don't want it to log you out you can click a non activity box and not have to worry about it. I don't know it just seems like its the only option..
Rich

Post by Rich »

Give an "admin" status to some users, they are exempt from the time out feature?
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Gary R
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Gary R »

This has been an issue for us for a while. Having an "Administrator" option that would disallow anyone else from taking possession of the work order would eliminate a Gremlin taking over the work order and causing the loss of the data being inputted at the service desk. This happens to me typically at the end of the day when customers are lined up to pick up their vehicle and "someone" taking over the order I am working on and I lose all the work I have done in the last 5-10 minutes.
Gary Radtke
Service Manager
Clavey Auto Service
http://www.claveyauto.com
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

I know I don't belong here but timed outs aren't really my friend. Like already said sometimes it takes me a while to wrap up an order. Logging onto another work station and shutting it down really isn't an option in my mind since I'd be doing to them what I don't want done to me. Being a control FREAK I would like to be able to only have orders finalized at one station, mine. I have it set up so techs are able to order parts through their lap tops. In doing this it also allows them to scrutinize the order and in my opinion look into areas where they really don't belong. A prime example is, and I'm pretty sure we all have this is a customer complains about a price or claims something we did caused a completely different problem like a flat tire. On many instances I try to make nicey nicey and make it up later. I certainly don't want a tech seeing numbers change. I use sublet or parts so it won't effect the tech time. No one else should be able to poke around and see it. I would like to see an option that I could assign colors to each work station so when anything from that station is on order I can tell by color and it stays that way until I accept it at my station and then it joins the rest of the order in my color. I would love to have an option that would stop someone from closing an order and accepting payment. On rare occasions I might be waiting for updated pricing or what ever and my son or manager takes a call from the customer and is able to close out the order and give them a price. This causes a bit of a issue from time to time. I would like a password protected way to lock the order so it can't be closed. I still am operating at an old system that is slowly being shut down and I've been on the fast trac to make changes. For me that's usually around two or three years and it can be extended if it gets in the way of my fishing. Well enough for me here. I always follow the posts on the newer systems to get a feel fot it so when the change is made it's not shockingly new causing me to decide to go fishing. :lol: :lol: Thanks for allowing me to puke all over this post.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Tips + Ideas”