Posting Engine Hours on Invoice

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
kerrybros

Posting Engine Hours on Invoice

Post by kerrybros »

We are a truck repair and need to input Engine Hours just as we would the Odometer. Is there a better way to do this than Vehicle Memo, Ref #, or Notes?

We need it to show on the invoice, statement and some sort of reporting so that we can track when vehicles are due for service.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Posting Engine Hours on Invoice

Post by steven kiser »

The only way I know to track the vehicles is through the plate, phone # and name. I also work on equipment that needs to be tracked by hours and I use the same options you do. What sucks is that there is no real way to look it up easily and it gets a bit frustrating. I finally went back to note book and pencil. Until something dependable shows up I'll keep doing it this way. I really get a bit pissed when something gets by me and the company asks me questions I really can't answer. I went as far as to create a sheet that the operators are responsible to fill out to keep me informed. To many times I service a guard rail pounder and ship it only to get a call from the operator or owner asking me if I did such and such. I know I'm getting off topic but I don't know how you deal with it but I have a detailed form to ask the operators so I don't get "did you look at the occasional squeal or cable slack" that's when I find that even with a pulley or slide being well greased it binds occasionally. Another thing I've implemented is using synthetic grease on the equipment. Sorry for the babble
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Are you using hours instead of miles or both?
kerrybros

Post by kerrybros »

I need to use both on the trucks. I have been using the miles field for hours on things like generators and refers because miles do not apply to them. But it looks stupid and un-professional when the invoice prints for a generator reading miles instead of hours. All we need for our shop is to eliminate Odom. out and replace it with Engine Hours.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I think since the system is designed for passenger cars and passenger trucks that there is no way to do this other then the note field. Maybe there is a system designed for small engines or heavy equipment.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”