Purge Customers Old Cars

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
stevebeck

Purge Customers Old Cars

Post by stevebeck »

I use Excel and MS Query to create custom mailing lists; zip code sorts, mail to specific makes, time frames, etc. Works great. The problem is some customers have had 10+ cars over the years. Consequently one customer could have 10 cars with the same last in date and address. I can de-dupe the list down to one address per customer with software but that also removes any other active cars the customer brings here. I'd like to purge cars that have not been here for a plausible time. Any ideas? Thanks
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Purge Customers Old Cars

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome back to the forum and thanks for posting.

This video might be interesting: 6057 Change Ownership: http://youtu.be/M-jqc2jCtZI
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Purge Customers Old Cars

Post by ARS »

We made up a separate account called sold vehicles... if we know that the customer sold, junked or totaled a vehicle we move it to this file. It helps to clean up the customer's accounts... sometimes people get emails about their vehicles that they got rid of.. so this helps with that situation. When moving it to sold.. we do a couple things... in the vehicle memo- we put the customer's name in it. We delete the license plate & transfer any recommends to the memo (so they do not show up on future follow-up reports) & then we delete the inspection date or move it to the memo ( for the same reason).

Hope This Helps,
ARS

Return to “Tips + Ideas”