How do you PO?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

How do you PO?

Post by Rich »

I put this in the Tips because I am not so sure this is a program issue as much as it is a learning (for me) question.

When I receive parts, I go to the PO box. I ALWAYS click "receive all". However, on a invoice that has 20 lines i still have to "OK" each line. On a invoice that is a few lines long its quick. But I am thinking that I could be quicker. Is this how everyone is receiving PO's? This isn't a huge issue. but when your busy it would be nice to be able to "receive all" and really "receive all". To me the "receive all" button just seems to stream line it which is great.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Gary R
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: How do you PO?

Post by Gary R »

I do what you do. I like the fact that you need to "approve" each part because it forces me to go line by line. I have occasionally caught the fact that not everything I ordered is on the invoice and allows me to follow up with the vendor right away.
Gary Radtke
Service Manager
Clavey Auto Service
http://www.claveyauto.com
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Rich wrote:I put this in the Tips because I am not so sure this is a program issue as much as it is a learning (for me) question.

When I receive parts, I go to the PO box. I ALWAYS click "receive all". However, on a invoice that has 20 lines i still have to "OK" each line. On a invoice that is a few lines long its quick. But I am thinking that I could be quicker. Is this how everyone is receiving PO's? This isn't a huge issue. but when your busy it would be nice to be able to "receive all" and really "receive all". To me the "receive all" button just seems to stream line it which is great.
I only go line by line to input the invoice # and verify cost. What is the benefit of the receive all approach?
Rich

Post by Rich »

I enter invoice number in the "parts" window.

When parts arrive I verify that we got everything on the paper copy of the invoice. Once I know I have everything I go to the PO and "receive" it all. When its just a part or two, its not a big time thing. But I had a PO this morning with about 20 items. Every part was there, NOTHING needed updated. I just thought it would be handy to "receive all" and have all of the parts received in a click or two. But it still takes a line by action to receive "all" . I was just wondering if my work flow was the issue.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Seems like an extra step. Its already time consuming enough to put invoice #'s in each one. It would be nice if you could do a received all button and one invoice #
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

The enhancement request list includes an item for vendor invoice entry when receiving parts (when you learn of it); that should copy down to each part ordered on its RO to save the repeated entry.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Nice

Return to “Tips + Ideas”