Discounts On Revisions?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
salineauto

Discounts On Revisions?

Post by salineauto »

Is anyone working on or even thinking about the ability to add discounts to revisions? Also Alldata allows you to select which items you would like to discount on any given order. It would be nice to be selective when applying discounts.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Discounts On Revisions?

Post by ricmorin »

salineauto wrote:Is anyone working on or even thinking about the ability to add discounts to revisions? Also Alldata allows you to select which items you would like to discount on any given order. It would be nice to be selective when applying discounts.
It's been discussed here before. Discounts on revisions is on the enhancement request list. The current thinking is this will best be accomplished when the 'by-the-job' approach is implemented. At last check there was no time frame associated with BTJ. That may have changed.....maybe one of the M1 guys could chime in.

BTJ would also allow for selective discounting.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Discounts On Revisions?

Post by timbre4 »

Currently 'Discounts' are calculated on total order dollars, of which Revision items are not part of until transferred. the job container approach is the ideal answer because the rules could work the same no matter where it sits.

TIP: In the meantime, please know that when you're in the Parts Item Edit or Labor Item Edit window per item, you may apply a different labor rate or parts price level to the respective item(s). Click on the Type button and choose from your existing system rates.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Tips + Ideas”