New payment type for electronic payments

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
autogo0091

New payment type for electronic payments

Post by autogo0091 »

Can we get a new payment type for electronic payments such as ACH? We have several fleet accounts and some of these financing companies that pay us via ACH/direct deposit and currently there is no way to add a payment type other than cash, credit card, or check. So we end up having to just pick one of those and subtract any ACH payments that went through to make sure our numbers jive at the end of the day. It's annoying. Just add another payment type and call it "electronic payment" or something like that so we can keep those payments out of the other payment's categories. Thank you!
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: New payment type for electronic payments

Post by liljoe »

Click the configure tab on the top where file, edit, view, ect is at. Then click shop data setup. Then Standard tables. Then Income/payment types. Then you have a radio button that says payment type. When you select it you can click add at the bottom of that window and add any payment type you want to.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

autogo0091 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:21 am
Can we get a new payment type for electronic payments such as ACH? We have several fleet accounts and some of these financing companies that pay us via ACH/direct deposit and currently there is no way to add a payment type other than cash, credit card, or check. So we end up having to just pick one of those and subtract any ACH payments that went through to make sure our numbers jive at the end of the day. It's annoying. Just add another payment type and call it "electronic payment" or something like that so we can keep those payments out of the other payment's categories. Thank you!
I'll get this added to for feedback to possibly be added into the system, if I'm understanding correctly you're looking for a "Income Type" under the following area:
PaymentType.png
PaymentType.png (4.54 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
M1 Product Manager
autogo0091

Post by autogo0091 »

megoff wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:20 pm
autogo0091 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:21 am
I'll get this added to for feedback to possibly be added into the system, if I'm understanding correctly you're looking for a "Income Type" under the following area:
PaymentType.png
Yes, I know we can add as many different types of credit cards or what ever we want but for instance at the bottom of the cash receipts by payment type report, everything is grouped into 3 categorie: cash, check or credit card. we need a 4th category for electronic payments that aren't credit cards. As of now, we have a payment type added for electronic payments, but it's under the credit card category so we have to subtract the electronic payments amount from the credit card total at the bottom of the cash receipts by payment type report when we are reconciling the money intake for the day. It's not a huge deal, but would certainly be helpful to keep everything straight.
autogo0091

Post by autogo0091 »

Anything on this yet? This is becoming more and more badly needed as we add more mainly fleet customers such as Lease Plan and Holman that pay via direct deposit. I know I can't be the only one who could benefit from this.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

This is still on our list of enhancement requests.
M1 Product Manager
DynaBMan
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by DynaBMan »

autogo0091 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:17 am
Anything on this yet? This is becoming more and more badly needed as we add more mainly fleet customers such as Lease Plan and Holman that pay via direct deposit. I know I can't be the only one who could benefit from this.
What I did at our shop is create a separate payment type "Direct Deposit". I list it under "Cash", but it could easily be listed under "Credit Card" as well. On our daily report, it lists it in three categories at the bottom, as you pointed out. But it does categorize it as "Direct Deposit" in the body of the report. It's not perfect, but it does make it easier to reconcile the numbers.

I hope this helps.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR

Return to “Tips + Ideas”