1985 Chev K30 - Military Fuse Box?

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
Ruger77
50 Club: Regular Contributor

1985 Chev K30 - Military Fuse Box?

Post by Ruger77 »

I'm searching for a fuse box and (fuse box)wiring harness for a 1985 Chevy K30, I believe the military # is a M1008. It has a 6.2 diesel.

I have looked into wiring in a non-diesel, or non-military fuse box, but they are way different (haven't actually found a 1985 fuse box, 1986 is different, and 1979 is too). The circuit feed wires to the fuse box are totally different. This truck is in very good shape, but someone totally ruined the fuse box and they tried to wire in an aftermarket version and totally hacked the harness. I keep searching for some kind of military truck boneyard, but I haven't found one yet. I do have a wiring diagram for the military version now, so as a last resort, I can try and wire in a 1985 non-diesel, if I can find one.

I bought this truck myself, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 1985 Chev K30 - Military Fuse Box?

Post by steven kiser »

i've gone onto the government surplus auction lines before and seen harnesses. there are g.s.a. auctions that will on occasion have things like this. try the local national guard depot. i've found them to be helpful in other areas. are you sure it's military? i've run into trucks that have been outfitted by a company called monroe, i think. i can find out exactly if you want. i've found them very helpful. they build vehicles for the forest service, rail roads, etc. my daughters future husband purchased one of these and until i found the decal behind the seat nothing made any sense.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Ruger77

Re: 1985 Chev K30 - Military Fuse Box?

Post by Ruger77 »

Thanks Steve. I'll try googling monroe. If you get any contact info, that would be great. The truck is for sure military. I may have no choice but to wire in a fuse box, but a harness and fuse box out of one of these would sure make it easier. Thanks.

Scott

Return to “GM Trucks”