2006 GMC Yukon Denali - Maint. Details?

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
mopwrforme
200 Club: Major Contributor

2006 GMC Yukon Denali - Maint. Details?

Post by mopwrforme »

im trying to find a maint. interval for a 2006 yukon denali w/6.0 v-8 diff. serv. i show nothing on the diffs. for this vehicle what am i missing? thanks for the help. :? :? awd or 4x4 i did find the serv. interval for the transfer case. thanks
perfection-automotive.net
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2006 yukon denali maint.

Post by ricmorin »

I didn't see one either on a quick check. 30k would be a good starting point. More if towing, plowing or sinking in mud. Less if babied. :)

I get quite a few GM's in here with mocha filled diffs. Many are not severe use so I advocate frequent checks and changes.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: 2006 GMC Yukon Denali - Maint. Details?

Post by timbre4 »

Remember to check Indicator and Timed maintenance tabs on late models to be sure you see everything.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I only use the recomendations as a base I use fluid condition as the real indicator. If its dirty its dirty.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

sometimes it may be so dirty even changing it won't help. i change as called for. the way i see it, the scheduled maintenance calls for a change, change it. there may be a compound that breaks down. remember years ago coolant would get slightly acidic after a few years. it would look clean and then start eating away like scrubbing bubbles.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

Those are the days. Remember when you actually used a voltmeter to check the electrolisis in the coolant. Bet that has gone by the wayside in alot of shops.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

ph strips for coolant.
mopwrforme

Post by mopwrforme »

thanks guys for the info i was trying to print off a copy of the maint. intervales for her vehical. i quoted her a 4x4 serv. for her next time in at 79,000 on the clock she hasnt serviced any fluids but oil and filter since she purchased it new. so its due, no milkshake for diff fluid but it was dirty. i was wanting to use the printout for a selling tool but it wasnt needed. i thought i wasnt looking something up correctly. o well thanks again 8) 8)
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

if you're looking for a fluff sheet to show the customer i've found the ones supplied by "direct hit" are the most mmmmmm shall we say "labor charge justification". i'm not saying it's all fluff and flash but it makes charging 1.5 hrs for a lof, rotation, air and cabin filter replacement, and coolant top off more palatable. while we're touching on this subject i always start talking to my customers about the big mileage inspections about 6 mos before it's due. this usually gives me two "chat" times to lessen the sticker shock. once i started doing this i increased the sells by 75%. it's so much easier when someone that owns a honda, toyota, subaru, rice burner, comes in for a 90k with their eyes wide open because you've been talking about this for 6 mos. i never discuss $ until it's in the shop for the service. i'm very vague when pressed prior to working on it. i'll explain it may need t belt tensioners and rollers when i get in there and point out that the dealers will always low ball the quote and jamb it up the breezeway when it's opened up. i'm very casual about this and since i've spent years developing customer relations am very successful at this. on a completely different angle about service. i mention that the manufacturers may only recommend service to keep it together until it after the warranty expires. enough for me. i'll keep yapping all day.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
mopwrforme

Post by mopwrforme »

i agree 110% i use to watch as some service adv.at the dealer would crash burn and die there customers something with words like [ you actually put your kids in that car] hell steven by the time she left the adv. desk she was in tears before she made it too the cashers window. i will not tolerate that kind of treatment of my customers. sticker shock is not real good for customer attrition. i make all my customers the promise that i wont spend any of there money without there permission. and do my best too call them at least once a day to keep them in the loop. im finding i sell a lot more if i dont preasure my customers. put it on the table,inform them of the dos and donts of there vehical. and let them make the call. document everything and if they dont listen and have problems. well i guess thats part of being a shop owner. but too get back to up sells the better svc. adv. will always prep there customers for large bills so they can plan for them. in this case it was her 1st time in our shop we gave it our free inspection at that point we sat down i went over everything that had been done to the vehical in the past and what was due. no hard sell which i think surprised her, you mean i dont have too do it know, well we can if you would like but i realize money is tight for all of use these days and i just wanted you to budget for it. you can do the 4x4 serv. on your next lof your tires will need replaced next you have a apx. 10,000 miles before your down to the min. spec so yes before winter hits hard i would replace them. lets see the brakes are about 50% all around well keep an eye on them as you come in for your oil changes. she really liked the idea of being informed about her vehical and budgeting for the expense. she stated she had never had anyone sit down with her to go over her vehical and really liked the idea. so much for dealer service. it went well im learning thanks to you guys and a little give a shi!!!!! on my part i might make a good service adv. one day. thanks for the info on direct hit ill look it up. 8) 8) 8)

Return to “GM Trucks”