2003 Hummer - Air Ride / New Bags

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
onetonf350
50 Club: Regular Contributor

2003 Hummer - Air Ride / New Bags

Post by onetonf350 »

I just installed new bags but do not have a scan tool that hooks to the bcm. Is there a way to activate the onboard compressor to slowly inflate them so i can get it out onto the road. Im stuck in a bad spot. Thank you. Chris 503.622.3330
Chris Page
Can I get a little bit more of "ME" in the monitor?
503-622-3330
http://www.mthoodautoandtire.com
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2003 Hummer - Air Ride / New Bags

Post by liljoe »

If you do nat have any acess to the scan tool to do the job, it looks like by looking at the diagram that if you were to power up both of the rear suspension air inlet valves while jumping the air suspension relay, it should open the solenoids and turn on the compressor and allow you to raise the truck off its axles and move it out of the shop.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Hey Chris, nice old F350 you got going on......
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

here is the one ton f350 he got his name from.....
mt hood f350.jpg
mt hood f350.jpg (60.52 KiB) Viewed 4053 times
http://www.mthoodautoandtire.com/cars.htm
onetonf350

Post by onetonf350 »

OK liljoe. I got the relay located and know that part. The inlet valve wires are also located and i took the 4 wire harness appart. (the 4 yellow wires from the 4 green wires, but do not see them numbered 1,2,3,4 so not sure which ones to ground and which ones to apply 12 v to. Is there a way to know? Also did you say to disconnect to module . I think that is in the left inside hatch panel. Right?
Chris Page
503-622-3330
onetonf350

Post by onetonf350 »

OK eveything went well. Thanks for the detail in helping me with this. Its not my area of expertise... wiring diagrams and bypassing relays etc. I need to be better at this though. I just bought a Power probe tool last week and have been using it on the last three out of five jobs with success. I used it on this to power the inlet valves, and with your help, I understood what was going on.
It was a good day for something to go right. Thank you, Chris
Chris Page
503-622-3330
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

glad to see someone got helped so quickly and responded so fast. i also use the power probe and love it. i purchased the one with the voltage meter on the face and attach a test light to the secondary ground wire on the handle to help me when i'm powering up one side of a plug and need to see if there is power on the other side. in snow country, dealing with yankee mechanics and people that really think that the instructions in the trailer plug are easily followed and use scotch locks the power probe is god sent. just don't pry fuses out with the probe tip. i did once and it broke the circuit board. be careful where you lay the cord. i lost one in a fan one time.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

steven kiser wrote: be careful where you lay the cord. i lost one in a fan one time.
Glad I am not the only one, lost one moving a car and ran over the cord...... Got to say, I love that tool!!!!
I like the idea of the regular test light hooked to the ground lead, think I will steal that one for my use, rednecks drink as much as yankees do.....
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

onetonf350 wrote:OK eveything went well. Thanks for the detail in helping me with this. Its not my area of expertise... wiring diagrams and bypassing relays etc. I need to be better at this though. I just bought a Power probe tool last week and have been using it on the last three out of five jobs with success. I used it on this to power the inlet valves, and with your help, I understood what was going on.
It was a good day for something to go right. Thank you, Chris
Glad to have been of help, you will find this forum to be like that, you should have my number on caller ID if you need any thing in the future...
onetonf350

Post by onetonf350 »

Customer picked up his H2 this morning and paid us.
We did LH mainifold gasket, oil cooler lines, serp belts and tensioners
A full tune up and service, then the air springs. Needless to say, I was
Glad to have been able to get this last part done in house.
Next week we get his wife's truck. You guys rock! FIXED
Chris Page
503-622-3330
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

liljoe wrote:
steven kiser wrote: be careful where you lay the cord. i lost one in a fan one time.
Glad I am not the only one, lost one moving a car and ran over the cord...... Got to say, I love that tool!!!!
I like the idea of the regular test light hooked to the ground lead, think I will steal that one for my use, rednecks drink as much as yankees do.....
come on lil joe. don't you remember that i'm a misplaced red neck. when i speak to people from other states, especially the ones out of the "new england" area and attitude i either get asked are you sure you're not a red neck or when did you move to Massachusetts. they can't believe i was born in boston and have always lived here. i've always felt at home no matter where i am and get along with everyone. i can be talking to a miner from Virginia or a computer programmer from silicone valley and be right at home. friends just can't believe that i know someone no matter where we are. during a lay over in the dallas for worth airport i bought lunch for a group of servicemen a few tables away and didn't want them to know who did it and as i was leaving a person came over and told me that he watched me do the same thing in Atlanta and wanted to shake my hand. he was a red neck and asked me where i "hailed" from. i told him mass and he asked how long i lived there. i told him all my life. he just looked at me for a few seconds and said that i was the only red neck he knew from Massachusetts. when i tell people that i've been to road houses like the one in the movie "road house" with patric swazy and had a great time they think i'm full of crap. when i tell people that i've filled my belly on cat fish, squirrel, rabbit, pan fried chicken, pan biscuits, and lemonade out of a masons jar they think i'm spinning a tail. they get sick when i tell them i'd choose mountain oysters and fried onions over a steak, depending on the steak, they get a little blue around the gills. there is a misconception about being a red neck. i don't ride around with a rebel flag on my pick up truck, have a full set of teeth, and don't think about making a pass at the widow at a wake, and i'm not a gator wrestler or a mullet fisherman. :lol: :lol: although i have to admit that i'm a fan of lsu, and the gators. i liked alabama until they hired saban. i think that woodie hays is rolling over in his grave. him being there is like rupaul being the towel boy at the showers. i'm not going to get into the football debate. lets just say all my favorite teams are below the mason dixon line and with the exception or texas east of the big muddy.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Trucks”