2002 Olds Silhouette - No Start

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
LMORRIS249
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2002 Olds Silhouette - No Start

Post by LMORRIS249 »

This car will not start after it sits for an hour to an hour and a half. It will spin over and over.

The warmer the temp is outside the longer it takes to start. Starts perfectly every morning and after sitting long enough during the day. The check engine light is not on, it has plenty of fuel pressure, the spark seems a little weak. We have replaced the ignition module.

Any suggestions?
speedyauto

Re: 2002 OLDS SILHOUTTE - NO START

Post by speedyauto »

HAVE YOU TRIED THE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR?
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

just for s&g's i would take a compression test before i start it and compare it to the compression when it's warm and won't start.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

Well, if that vehicle was here, I would have my scan tool connected when I am trying to start the engine and observe cranking rpms, fuel injector pulse width, MAF, TPS, and other sensor inputs. To specifically target the fault without knowing more details is like asking the doctor what is wrong with me when I get up in the morning when I feel grumpy. Also, what is fuel pressure during those times. Also, does this have an anti theft system that is malfunctioning? On these newer vehicles, there is various issues that can create the symptom being described.

Return to “GM Trucks”