2005 Ford F250 - Heater Core Labor

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

2005 Ford F250 - Heater Core Labor

Post by Cory »

I recently looked up labor to do a heater core in Pro Demand, it calls for only 1.5 hours, and Chilton calls for 6.0 Hours. Has anybody done one? And does anybody know why there is such a difference in labor?
2005 Ford F-250 Superduty 6.0 Diesel.
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2005 F-250 Heater Core

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

Looking at the repair info it is all done thru the glove box. Labor at 1.5 might be a little light but it doesn't require dash removal.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Cory wrote:I recently looked up labor to do a heater core in Pro Demand, it calls for only 1.5 hours, and Chilton calls for 6.0 Hours. Has anybody done one? And does anybody know why there is such a difference in labor?
2005 Ford F-250 Superduty 6.0 Diesel.
I come up with 2.90 in Mitchell. 4.0 in Motor
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

4.0 in Alldata
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Jeff @ Able Auto

Re: 2005 Ford F250 - Heater Core Labor

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

Thats odd. Mitchell is only showing 1.5 here.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Jeff @ Able Auto wrote:Thats odd. Mitchell is only showing 1.5 here.
Its says does not include evac and charge which h is 1.40 I think.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

All Data shows 4.0. One more reason I have more than one labor, diagnostic, repair and tech tip programs. I use Mitchell one for all my shop management needs and depend on the OEM application for labor and part information. I have found the factory option immensely helpful pricing parts and copying the OEM part number to paste it in other programs when trying to track down the part. Sometimes the program offers me more than the dealer has and the prices are almost dead on. I back up Mitchell with All Data and Real Time for labor information. I back up Mitchell with All Data, Direct Hit, Moto Logic, IATN and everyone's favorite the GOOGLE search and try not to pay much attention to the bloggers wearing loggers or hunting outfits, bad dental hygiene, huge belt buckles, Beer cans stacked between wall studs, friends named Bubba, Wade, or Ziggy and a hunting dog as their apprentice helper. The monthly costs associated with the programs are usually covered within two weeks using labor differences, tips, part searches, customer history, and knowing the strong and weak points of each program putting them to good us. I just signed up for the expanded All Data program. Personally being still a bit old school I didn't totally follow everything it could do but my lead techs liked it so I purchased one package to see how it goes. Hopefully it will increase their output with the fingertip information they'll soon have. Right now we are a bit spread out and I think the portability will be fantastic. Lately the shop systems have two people trying to use them at the same time and information is being lost when a new user changes vehicle information and nothing from the prior user was saved. Granted a bit of care would probably resolve some of this but another good point is eliminating the grouping also eliminates the 'Water Bottle" syndrome at the stations. Time will tell but one thing is etched in stone, Mitchell will remain number one and the people that are involved with it are a big reason.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Ford Trucks”