2006 Ford F250 - 6.0L Issues FIXED

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

2006 Ford F250 - 6.0L Issues FIXED

Post by liljoe »

Have a friend working on an 06 6.0, he replaced the HP pump, and the tubes, ect.... He also replaced the seals in the top of the injectors where the oil manifold supplies oil to the injectors. After a two mile drive it lost HP oil pressure and upon inspection he found those seals to be eroaded, I have never replaced those seals as they do not come in the injector seal kit from ford or in the head gasket set. My question is has anyone replaced these and if so is there any thing special to do to prevent the seal from blowing out?
Attachments
here is a pic of the failed seals
here is a pic of the failed seals
injector seals.jpg (69.82 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 2006 F250 6.0

Post by brianp87 »

Is that the seals were the pipes meet up to the injectors? If I am not mistaken the only way to get the seals is with the pipes. The ones I did came on the pipes and has been redesigned from 2 piece to one piece? I may be thinking something different
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

The pipes are the new two piece design, they go from the HP pump to the oil manifold, they are OK, it is the seals where the oil manifold has four nipples that are about 3/8 inch dia and have a taper on the end, they go into the top of the injector, this is where the problem is. Thanks for the reply.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Got ya yes I remember this. I looked for these at one time. I was told they are part of the injector and I think I verified this when looking at the injectors on the last one i had the heads off of it seemed like they were built into the injector.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2006 Ford F250 - 6.0L Issues

Post by steven kiser »

the surface has to be absolutely clean of any debris. make sure there is do deviation on the surface and lightly lubricate the surface before you install collar. i also think if there is any trapped air in the sleeve it will blow seal right away.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
liljoe

Re: 2006 Ford F250 - 6.0L Issues

Post by liljoe »

He found the problem last night, inside the injector bore, below the c-clip you can see in the pics, is supposed to be a tapered sleave, when he removed the seal the sleave droped down and was below the seal, it is supposed to be on top, the seals all blew at the gap of the c-clip, the pressure is high enough to blow the seal right out if the sleave is not on top of it, he got this pic of the set up. Thanks for the replys.....
Attachments
6oh seals.jpg
6oh seals.jpg (54.36 KiB) Viewed 2537 times

Return to “Ford Trucks”