2006 Ford F150 - Starter Problem FIXED

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
protraxrptr17
100 Club: Active Contributor

2006 Ford F150 - Starter Problem FIXED

Post by protraxrptr17 »

The starter sounds like it stays engaged for a little bit after startup. Replaced starter, didn't help. Replaced flywheel, now it's much worse. Anybody been down this road? Took the gear off the old starter and did some custom grinding. :twisted: My helper is putting it back on now.
Last edited by protraxrptr17 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: 2006 Ford F150 - Starter Problem

Post by Tim Martin »

Yes, I have been there already. And, unfortunately, the repairs are not always the same. I have seen flywheel and starter issues that cause starter engagement too long. I have also seen an ignition switch and or starter relay do the same.
hth
protraxrptr17

Re: 2006 Ford F150 - Starter Problem

Post by protraxrptr17 »

New starter was bad :evil: I have seen this too many times in the past year. Put one on a Cummins back in the summer. My employee did the job. Old starter was just dragging. He got the new one on there and came to me and said, "Won't do anything now". I told him to get back under there and make sure he hooked the wires up right. He does that and says its good. I don't believe him and check it myself. A-OK. I had him take it back off and I checked it with booster cables. Nothing. Had a big tag on it that said "tested and inspected". :roll: I'm amazed at the number of new parts that don't work they are selling these days. Happens to me all the time. Am I the only one? Fuel pumps are the most common.
Tim Martin

Re: 2006 Ford F150 - Starter Problem FIXED

Post by Tim Martin »

No your''e not the only one to get defective parts right out of the box. I see it quite often. It seems that quality control simply aint there at times. Can test ones sanity, to say the least.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

one of my biggest bitches and i don't know about you guys but for me it's always the toughest one that fails. i try to replace with oem or new if i can.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Well steve, ya know what?, mom didn't say our work would be easy! She just said we had to do it.

Return to “Ford Trucks”