2000 Ford F150 - Programming Keys FIXED

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
protraxrptr17
100 Club: Active Contributor

2000 Ford F150 - Programming Keys FIXED

Post by protraxrptr17 »

Trying to use my pass thru pro II to program the keys. The owner took it upon himself to change the ignition switch and keys. :evil: He messed up the transceiver (which I have already replaced). He speaks very little english so I cant get the full story. Anyway, when I go into pats fuctions in the FMP program it says "diagnostic tester can't communicate with module" Cluster is working, no fuses blown. I even reflashed the PCM just to check it.
protraxrptr17

Re: 2000 Ford F150 - Programming Keys FIXED

Post by protraxrptr17 »

Dont really know what i did to fix it, but..

Took it to the dealer yesterday, they tried three times with no luck, I bought some new keys (the keys I had didn't have ford or any numbers at all) still no luck. I tried it again this morning with my pass thru and it was successful at resetting the PATS module but it never asked me to learn the keys. I tried the "program spare keys" but it wouldn't work. I decided just to go thru the process that I remembered from the last time I did this which was to finish the reset but I didn't wait for a prompt. I just turned the key off, back on for ten seconds, back off, insert next key quickly, turn on ten seconds, turn off, start engine. Fired right up. Can't explain it. The tech at the ford place said dont feel bad because their tool isn't very reliable either.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

man, i would have bet a dinner that that wouldn't work. i know that earlier years would do that but never tried it on latter years. i'd still be banging my head. someone probably put a used module in it. a star scanner would have been handy here. i have one and probably would have been led astray and never would have tried the older relearn.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
protraxrptr17

Post by protraxrptr17 »

I wrote down what I did on a piece of paper and put it in my filing cabinet in case I run into that again. Been running into some strange stuff here recently. Wonder if my shop is haunted? :shock:
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :!: :!:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Ford Trucks”