1996 Ford E350 - 7.3L Fuel Tank Unit

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

1996 Ford E350 - 7.3L Fuel Tank Unit

Post by liljoe »

I have got a 1996 E350 7.3 stroker, came in hook for shutting off. Found no fuel pressure at test fitting, had small amt of air come out when installing test fitting adapter. Pulled filter top off and spun engine, just had some movement in the bowl but no fule overflowing from it. Next I checked at the fitting at the lower dfriverside of the engine and had vacuum on the pump side with the engine cranking. Pulled vac on line going to tank, sucked air, pulled tank and found the tank unit to be missing the bottom filter on it and the bottom section of the housing ( in the tank ) was loose. Called ford and the part is dis continued and he can not get me one. I have looked on the net to ne avail. Any body have a source for this part. The ford part number is: F6UZ-9275-AB

I need to get this meat wagon back on the road, thanks for any help ya'll can come up with....
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
fortknoxx

Re: 1996 E350 7.3 Fuel Tank Unit

Post by fortknoxx »

Ford of Branford in Branford CT shows 2 on the locator. 203-488-8325
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Thanks, trying to call them now and the phone is just ringing and ringing, will let it ring a few mins and then try back after lunch in a bit.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Gtot them to answer the phone after about 4 mins of soild ringing, have it on the way, even though I am paying more then 15% over list price :shock: . I guess you pay what they want to when you need what they have :!:
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

They are charging for dust removal.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)

609-760-7079 Cell
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

fortknoxx wrote:They are charging for dust removal.
No doubt, but he who holds the needed part makes the rules of the game, so be it, ambulance company is glad I found one.
wbuxton
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: 1996 Ford E350 7.3 Fuel Tank Unit

Post by wbuxton »

All is well in Bedlam.
Uncle PETA said I could come back.
William
Weatherford, TX
817-599-7680
866-744-3887
http://www.phoenixtrans.com
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

liljoe wrote:
fortknoxx wrote:They are charging for dust removal.
No doubt, but he who holds the needed part makes the rules of the game, so be it, ambulance company is glad I found one.
yeah, but now they have the very last one! wonder how mucho the last one is.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)

609-760-7079 Cell
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

The next question after you say you want it is...... 'How much you got?'
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

ricmorin wrote:The next question after you say you want it is...... 'How much you got?'
I heard some place in NH was bidding up the sale price.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)

609-760-7079 Cell
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

fortknoxx wrote:
ricmorin wrote:The next question after you say you want it is...... 'How much you got?'
I heard some place in NH was bidding up the sale price.
Dang Yankees, that explains it :lol: ( I can say this being as how I was born a yankee, just don't tell any one...)
steven kiser

Re: 1996 Ford E350 - 7.3L Fuel Tank Unit

Post by steven kiser »

i had a neighbor next to my shop that ran a specialty shop. he worked on all European cars but they had to be at least 40 years old or he was out of his element. we had an off again on again relationship. he was an aggravating s.o.b. and i would go out of my way to aggravate him. sadly he had a heart attack and passed on. he was the "troll under the bridge" and looked and acted the part. well back to point here. i was at his shop to ask him to move something off my property and he was on the phone. he told the person that indeed he did have the timing chain and gears that they needed. he told them that the price for the assembly was 189.90 (or something, the part price wasn't important) he told the person that the shipping and handling was 800 dollars. it would cost the person the same amount if he installed it at his shop or sold the part over the counter. after the person on the phone went into a tirade he asked them if they were done and that the price had just gone up because they insulted him. he added that he knew without a doubt that there weren't any know parts available unless some shop in england had on on a shelf in the back room. he said he was a repair shop not a parts store and if they wanted the part that was his price. he added that he would only accept cash since he didn't know or since they yelled at him didn't trust him. they were in the midwest and came after the assembly. i asked him if they were so rare why did he sell it. he told me that the gears were the same as common applications it was the chain that was impossible to get. he had purchased a tool years ago that he used to shorten longer common chains to fit the application. this was during a more lucid time when he was mmmmmm, in control of his facilities. i went to school with his sister and for some reason she decided that i was the one to go into his cave when he went off his meds and try to reason with him. she told me at his service that i was the only person that wouldn't back down and could out yell him. i miss him and all his little quirks. i also had a lot of laughs when he went to sherwood forest from time to time. i'm not making a joke out of the need for meds since i find the need to rely on them as well. i could write a book about all his episodes. the cops showed up at his shop one day and he was in the bay with a pry bar swaying back and forth like a lion. one of my shop windows overlooked the front of his shop and we could see everything. i yelled out the window "don't let them get you johnny" he pulled a cagney scene from white heat and yelled "you'll never take me alive coppers". the police (whom all know me) just looked up at me with the look of "thanks a lot steve" in their eyes. a few minutes after another officer came into the shop and told me that his sister called the station and asked if they would send someone down to my shop and ask me to reason with him. i did and all was resolved. another time a M.G. he was working on died in the middle of the busy intersection i'm on and someone blew the horn at him. the convertible roof went down and he stood up on the front seat, both arms in the air, giving all to see the double bird and swearing. it took the police about 15 minutes to arrive and this time he needed to be taken away for a while. like i said, i apologize if i offended anyone with my comments and stories, no offense meant, i also rely on pharmasuticals to survive. anyone that has to deal with the public at our level, with the attitudes of some, may need something to keep from lashing out. i know i do, and there are people still walking around that should thank pfitzer every day. sorry for the ramble, first post of the day. late start. :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Steve, I understand completely, I had no ill words or feelings towards the man selling me parts for way over list. I myself rely on "meds" to keep from going off the deep end, they just grow and are not manufactured in a factory and are a bit less then legal :mrgreen: ( which I think is a big boo boo in itself ). If any one can undersatabd the need to "unwind" after a long day of dealing with the public, it should be this group of wacky folks we call a forum.....
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

amen to that.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

we're not wacky. the rest of the world is.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)

609-760-7079 Cell

Return to “Ford Trucks”