1999 Ford F250 - No Acceleration

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
FOCUSEDAUTOMOTIVE

1999 Ford F250 - No Acceleration

Post by FOCUSEDAUTOMOTIVE »

Have a 1999 F-250 Powerstroke in the shop. With the engine running you step on the throttle and there's nothing. Switched the Accelerator Position sensor connected to the pedal but it's still not working. If you go thru the gears it will start working and then nothing. Has anyone encountered this before?
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: 1999 F-250 No Acceleration

Post by Tim Martin »

Welcome to the Mitchell Shop Management Forum! We have alot a fun here and help each other with problems and challenges while having fun.

We will need to know more information from a scan tool such as IPR duy cycle, ICP pressures, app sensor position readings, baro, coolant, and IDM voltages. Post these parameters and then we can begin to steer you in the right direction.

Any trouble codes? How many miles?
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 1999 F-250 No Acceleration

Post by steven kiser »

I'll give it a shot here with what's been given us. With the scanner attached can you see the shift command? If yes can you feel a slight engagement? The fact that you cam manually shift it and then it falls out eliminated a transfer case issue if it's a 4w drive. As a rule any ford dsl i get in here with transmission issues and high mileage or hard usage, especially in the era, i yank the transmission and replace it. I personally think that this era transmission from Ford is under built and can't take the power from the engine. A dsl will pull down a house as long as the rest of the power train can stand it. I use Jasper remans and they have redesigned the transmission so when the owner gets it back he'll notice much more response than ever. I have Arborists as customers and one purchased one of these and after three years of use the transmission started to wane away. It had all the gears but you knew it was lagging. The dealer claimed it was fine and if you purchased this used you wouldn't notice any issue. Finally the owner had it and told me to fix it. I put in a Jasper and the next day he came into the shop and walked over to me. I thought "here we go" he grabbed my hand, shook it, and said the truck has never driven so good. It's better than it was when new. His word of mouth has sent me many jobs.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
FOCUSEDAUTOMOTIVE

Re: 1999 Ford F250 - No Acceleration

Post by FOCUSEDAUTOMOTIVE »

I found the problem with the no acceleration. It was a faulty Idle Validation Switch in the pedal assembly. The only way to fix it is to install a whole new pedal assembly (the IVS is not sold by itself) thanks for the imput!!! Just got this system in my shop looking forward to eploring everything it can do for my business
Thanks again

Return to “Ford Trucks”