2003 Dodge PU - No Heat On One Side fixed

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
92zman
200 Club: Major Contributor

2003 Dodge PU - No Heat On One Side fixed

Post by 92zman »

We have a 2003 dodge pickup 1/2 ton 4x4 that will get good heat on the pass side but no heat on driver side. Truck only has single zone. Have checked coolant leval many times that does not seem to be it. Truck has sat for about a year we had to find a motor for it. Get it done and then we notice the heat.
Last edited by 92zman on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2003 Dodge PU - No Heat On One Side

Post by liljoe »

Try flushing the h-core, even the trucks without dual zone heat have the heater housing with passages for both sides seperated, but the door running off one motor instead of two with a common shaft running threw two doors. If the heater core is partly pluged, it can be hot on part of it and not the rest of it. Kinda like when the A/C is only cold on one side without the dual zone systems.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

bite the bullett and yank the dash. mouse nest more than likely the culprit. possibly restricting the flow through the core.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

I'd say there is a blend door issue inside the heater/evaporator housing. They have separate blend doors for each side even though it is not a dual zone setup. There is two blend doors, one for left and the other for right, on a single shaft operated by an actuator.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I do a few of these Its a big job plan accordingly
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Oh yea. Been there on them done that. Ya gotta figure about 5-6 hours to do a heater core or AC evaporator. This would be similar time but I think this is where the issue will be. Ya might could stick a boroscope up the blower motor opening to watch the blend doors operate. Ya might even see a surprise if ya take out the blower motor. hth
92zman

Post by 92zman »

Thanks for all the hints back flushed the heater core and seemed to be good will see when i go out to it after it has sat for a while
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

i guess that the "good and no heat" threw me. should have asked for a more specific temp difference. to me good heat is hot enough so you can't leave your hand over the vent for an extended time and the flow through the core means that if you grab the heater hose at operation temp you pull your hand off it right away. it's a common misconception, sorry, i should have asked for more detail and saved you a bit of time.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”