2006 Dodge 3500 - Brake Lamp Out?

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
posttire

2006 Dodge 3500 - Brake Lamp Out?

Post by posttire »

This truck has two brake lamps on the rear. The upper lamp in the control board is used for turn signal and brake lamp. The turn signal works, but the brake lamp does not work. The center lamp does work when brakes are pressed. The right side lights work fine. Any ideas on what to do next?
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2006 Dodge 3500 - Brake Lamp Out?

Post by steven kiser »

i would key in on the third light first. lets say for example the bulb is blown on the third then your issue may be a bad multi function switch. if not, there may be a wiring issue. the third light triggers off the brake light switch directly while the side ones are fed through the turn signal switch. i'm thinking a blown third brake light and a bad turn signal (multi function) switch.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
mopwrforme
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

Post by mopwrforme »

i have had several issues with the rear trailer plug and brake light switch. if its been to u-haul in the past ck. there addon kit instalation its usually installed with crimp fittingd that dont do well when exposed to the weather. solder and shrink tube is the key. to any wireing exposed to the weather. just a thought. 8) 8) 8)
perfection-automotive.net
posttire

Post by posttire »

FYI We found the problem in the TIPM (total integrated power module) replaced and problem cleared. Thanks to everyone that replied.

Ted
Post Tire and Lube
Post, TX
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Thanks for posting the fix

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”