2003 Dodge PU R1500 - 4Dr 4.7L Instrument Cluster

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
premierautohandling

2003 Dodge PU R1500 - 4Dr 4.7L Instrument Cluster

Post by premierautohandling »

Customer is complaining that horn and power locks have occationally activiated at random, mostly during hot ambient temps. During my actuator tests on the cluster I noticed that as I tested each actuator, the cluster power would flicker on and off in random patterns. I did pull 5 C-Codes from the cluster: 23, 25, 41, 61, 64. If any c-codes are pulled and that during the tests the power would flicker, which had never happened on other trucks I had tested, does that mean the cluster needs replacement?
David Abbott, Owner
Premier Auto Handling, LLC
Colorado Springs, CO 80922
david@premierautohandling.com
http://www.premierautohandling.com
mopwrforme
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

Re: 2003 Dodge PU R1500 - 4Dr 4.7L Instrument Cluster

Post by mopwrforme »

i have replaced a bucket full of ipm and fcm on these trucks very few clusters. im thinking the cluster is seeing the ipm dropping out and setting the codes in that case you should also get a no comm. code between the two. :?: just my 2 cents but i would ck. for green stuff around the ipm or in the pwr. dist. center its bolted too. are there any codes in the ipm. you can also back probe the cluster for voltage spikes at the pwr and grd while running your cluster testes. to see if its internale with the cluster or a poor grd problem. i am aware the cluster operates the pwr dr. locks while rolling and the horn also goes threw the cluster but to answer your question i would do some more diag and no dont replace the cluster just yet. good luck ill ck back later
perfection-automotive.net
premierautohandling

Re: 2003 Dodge PU R1500 - 4Dr 4.7L Instrument Cluster

Post by premierautohandling »

Thanks for your input. I do some more checking and backprobing. I'll let you know what I find out.
David Abbott, Owner
Premier Auto Handling, LLC
Colorado Springs, CO 80922
david@premierautohandling.com
http://www.premierautohandling.com

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”