Issue Since Update

Manager SE specific technical issues
cardoc
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Issue Since Update

Post by cardoc »

Since the last update I have noticed in the technician labor area an issue. In the last edition if you had a labor item open and a techs name was selected you could click on the next labor line item and it would save the last tech and add it to the new line. Now you have to select each tech in each labor when its opened and save it before moving on then select it again. Make since ort clear as mud? Hope you fix it thanks! Alan
Quality is not expensive, It is Priceless!

ASE L1 Master Certified Automotive Technician,
Service Advisor, & AMI Graduate
ASA Member
ktmauto

Re: Issue Since Update

Post by ktmauto »

Yup, that was a great little time saver. I miss it as well. Also, now the 1. technician line is highlighted as soon as you open a labor tab, so you think you can type in that field right away- but no, the cursor is on the labor dialog box. So you click the technician line to highlight it in another color and type away. Then you double click the next labor tab line to automatically assign the same tech like you did for the last 10 years, but that doesn't work anymore and it automatically clears the tech you entered so you have to do it all over again, but really slowly because it's laggy as hell since the update.

Can you tell I'm ranting as I'm on hold with tech support (currently at 8:03...4...5)?
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

I have an issue since the update also, but a different issue. If i should start a new post let me know.

Use to be able to open a PO, enter in the part invoice number in the "ref/Inv#" field on the PO and it would automatically apply invoice to all parts.... I have noticed that since the 7.3.10 update this does not happen all of the time. I will keep an eye on it, but I caught 3 today that did not function like it use to.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

Since this latest update my Host computer freezes up while in Mitchel. My other programs,excel, outlook, will continue to work fine, Happens at least once a day. I have to shut down all work stations and reboot my terminal up. I am the host computer for the shop. Has this happened to any one else? Is there a patch available to correct this?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

MURRI513 wrote:Since this latest update my Host computer freezes up while in Mitchel. My other programs,excel, outlook, will continue to work fine, Happens at least once a day. I have to shut down all work stations and reboot my terminal up. I am the host computer for the shop. Has this happened to any one else? Is there a patch available to correct this?
There are a number of possible causes. It's best to contact tech support for this type of situation. It's important to be aware that if you updated from an older version, you may have just updated the SQL engine as well. It's more resource intensive for some machines. If you're running closer to the minimum specs (say, 4GB of RAM), you may want to look into doubling that, or moving the host to a newer computer if one's available.
M1 Product Manager
Rich

Post by Rich »

Silky7 wrote:
MURRI513 wrote:Since this latest update my Host computer freezes up while in Mitchel. My other programs,excel, outlook, will continue to work fine, Happens at least once a day. I have to shut down all work stations and reboot my terminal up. I am the host computer for the shop. Has this happened to any one else? Is there a patch available to correct this?
There are a number of possible causes. It's best to contact tech support for this type of situation. It's important to be aware that if you updated from an older version, you may have just updated the SQL engine as well. It's more resource intensive for some machines. If you're running closer to the minimum specs (say, 4GB of RAM), you may want to look into doubling that, or moving the host to a newer computer if one's available.
Just took a quick look at my Fred Flintstone work station. It only has 4GB of RAM. What is the recommendation? I looked around and can't find it listed anywhere. Thanks.
Rich Hays
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Rich wrote:
Silky7 wrote:
Just took a quick look at my Fred Flintstone work station. It only has 4GB of RAM. What is the recommendation? I looked around and can't find it listed anywhere. Thanks.
Right here on the Forum, Go to Forum, Group 0 Software Requirements and click the link. Or click this https://kb.mitchell1.com/articles/id-537
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

As a workstation only, you should be ok in that range, Rich. If that machine also hosts SQL, it would benefit greatly by a RAM increase and switch to solid state if it's not already.
M1 Product Manager
Rich

Post by Rich »

Silky7 wrote:As a workstation only, you should be ok in that range, Rich. If that machine also hosts SQL, it would benefit greatly by a RAM increase and switch to solid state if it's not already.
Ain't nothing solid here...... :wink:
Rich Hays
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Rich wrote:
Silky7 wrote:As a workstation only, you should be ok in that range, Rich. If that machine also hosts SQL, it would benefit greatly by a RAM increase and switch to solid state if it's not already.
In fact it's a gas - Jagger/Richards
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Rich

Post by Rich »

timbre4 wrote:
Rich wrote:
In fact it's a gas - Jagger/Richards
Gas? Oh we got more gas than Opec. :mrgreen:
Rich Hays
ParkerAutoAz

Post by ParkerAutoAz »

Since the update both of my work stations lose the current mileage after the switch from work order to invoice and when we print mileage displayed is zero "0", anyone having this issue?
VirginiaO
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by VirginiaO »

ParkerAutoAz wrote:Since the update both of my work stations lose the current mileage after the switch from work order to invoice and when we print mileage displayed is zero "0", anyone having this issue?
YES! Thought it was just me losing my mind.
:P
Virginia
DynaBMan
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by DynaBMan »

Just for the record, my host computer is Windows 10 with a solid state drive and 8 GB of ram and I still have trouble with it slowing down after it has been up and running for a couple of days. All other programs seem to be running fine, but ShopKey 7.3.10 slows way down. It will take several seconds before any particular window shows up on my screen after I have clicked or used a keyboard shortcut. The only way to alleviate this is to shut down and restart the computer.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is a 7.3.10 specific problem. It was doing it well before I did the update.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
BenjaminPeterson

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

DynaBMan wrote:Just for the record, my host computer is Windows 10 with a solid state drive and 8 GB of ram and I still have trouble with it slowing down after it has been up and running for a couple of days. All other programs seem to be running fine, but ShopKey 7.3.10 slows way down. It will take several seconds before any particular window shows up on my screen after I have clicked or used a keyboard shortcut. The only way to alleviate this is to shut down and restart the computer.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is a 7.3.10 specific problem. It was doing it well before I did the update.

Windows in general has issues with running 24/7 7 days a week. I would recommend setting your main/host computer to restart every night.
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:
DynaBMan wrote:Just for the record, my host computer is Windows 10 with a solid state drive and 8 GB of ram and I still have trouble with it slowing down after it has been up and running for a couple of days. All other programs seem to be running fine, but ShopKey 7.3.10 slows way down. It will take several seconds before any particular window shows up on my screen after I have clicked or used a keyboard shortcut. The only way to alleviate this is to shut down and restart the computer.

Windows in general has issues with running 24/7 7 days a week. I would recommend setting your main/host computer to restart every night.
Actually, I have been restarting the computer most mornings when I first come into the shop. That seems to be helping.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
Rich

Post by Rich »

DynaBMan wrote:
BenjaminPeterson wrote:

Actually, I have been restarting the computer most mornings when I first come into the shop. That seems to be helping.
I was doing that, and found it made it very slow in the AM, could take it 10-15 to just get Mitchell up, and a few more to make it run. I find that our issue with changing customer name makes me reboot enough to keep windows "happy".
Rich Hays
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

I was doing that, and found it made it very slow in the AM, could take it 10-15 to just get Mitchell up, and a few more to make it run. I find that our issue with changing customer name makes me reboot enough to keep windows "happy".
If I do not reboot Windows every couple of days, ShopKey gets so laggy that it is almost unusable. Seriously, it gets very slow to respond.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
Rich

Post by Rich »

DynaBMan wrote:
If I do not reboot Windows every couple of days, ShopKey gets so laggy that it is almost unusable. Seriously, it gets very slow to respond.
I'll ship you my box, its slow when its fast. I am sure Fred and Barnie sold it because of that issue.
Rich Hays
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Rich wrote:
DynaBMan wrote:
I'll ship you my box, its slow when its fast. I am sure Fred and Barnie sold it because of that issue.
:D I wish I had a like button on here. That's funny.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR

Return to “Technical Issues”