Revision Labor Rate Does Not Update?

Manager SE specific technical issues
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Revision Labor Rate Does Not Update?

Post by Johnny5 »

nickscarcare wrote:I don't know why everything has to be started in a estimate or order. If the customer is not here, and I want to do an estimate, I should be able to do that in revisions without having to start and estimate first. We have enough customers on the WIP screen that we should not have to have another there just to price stuff. Should be able to have customers pricing set no matter what screen you are in. It is supposed to be determined by what you have clicked for the customer!!
Hit F6, find the customer you want, select the vehicle, select the revision tab. The labor rate for an Estimate, RO, Invoice, Special Order, or Revision is inherited from the vehicle, not the customer. A newly created vehicle inherits by default the labor rate applied to the customer.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

nickscarcare wrote:Some customers it works on some it don't. I know which customers are what so I know to watch, but service writer does not always know.
Sounds like it might be pilot error. There was an issue a while back where if the user immediately to the revision tab, the default rate would be applied, but then set appropriately when sold. That was fixed. Since it sounds like you didn't know you could go directly to revisions without an order, are you sure your service writers are having a bit of pilot error? Or... what version are you on?

JD
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

murraymotive wrote:Is the issue on the order/RO or in revision? You original post says revision but the replies say on an order. If in revision, I duplicated the error first try. See the screencast below:

I see you are on 7.0.7. I could be wrong, but I believe it is remedied in 7.0.11 ( http://www.m1faqs.com/fix/SE/7.0.11.Exe ) Give support a call if you need assistance installing that version.

What are you using to record your screens, looks nifty.
Regards
JD
Retired - Mitchell1
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

7.0.11 and I am the only one who does the orders, so no pilot errors for service writers, like I said this vehicle was the customers before had been in here before, no labor rates changed, so the first time I went in it defaulted to the base labor rate, just checking, I went back in and tried another revision, nothing had been sold yet, and this time it goes to the applied rate. After the last 2 techs we had on tech support not sure if I want to call.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com

Return to “Technical Issues”