Merging Duplicate Customers?

Manager SE specific technical issues
AdesaPDX

Merging Duplicate Customers?

Post by AdesaPDX »

I have just taken over shop operations and have discovered that every time my writers have made an RO, they have created a new customer. That means I have thousands of duplicate customer files.

Other than going one by one, is there a more efficient way to consolidate these vehicles to one customer?

Any help would be appreciated
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Merging Duplicate Customers?

Post by Silky7 »

Currently, the only thing you can do is correct them in the application as you find them. Potentially you could enlist a database expert to attempt to blend the data, but this would probably be quite expensive, and anyone doing that kind of work would need to be familiar with our database structure. The only company we could recommend would be Bolt-On Technologies, but there again I'm not sure they'd even be able to offer this service.
M1 Product Manager
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Because every shop database that has duplicate customer records with differing details, there is no perfect remedy. I would just add that we do have a knowledgebase article that may help you strategize how to deal with these: https://kb.mitchell1.com/articles/id-56

TIP: Make sure that all users start Estimates or Repair Orders using the NEW button (or F6 key) to validate that the customer already exists.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
murraymotive
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by murraymotive »

AdesaPDX wrote:I have just taken over shop operations and have discovered that every time my writers have made an RO, they have created a new customer. That means I have thousands of duplicate customer files.

Other than going one by one, is there a more efficient way to consolidate these vehicles to one customer?

Any help would be appreciated
Bolt On's Messenger Pro app has a 'Move History' tool. This would aid in blending history records to one customer, however, you'd be on on the hook for cleaning up all the empty custom profiles.

Return to “Technical Issues”