Change Layout Of Standard Email?

Manager SE specific technical issues
Honest Engine
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Change Layout Of Standard Email?

Post by Honest Engine »

I am not satisfied with the canned email that the program spits out, and I'd like to fix it up. I can't find the correct file to modify, though. I also would like Mitchell to use a different email address than the one it currently defaults to. How can I address these little quirks?

-Jerry
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Change Layout Of Standard Email?

Post by Silky7 »

Jerry,

Currently that email text is static, and cannot be modified.
I also would like Mitchell to use a different email address than the one it currently defaults to.
Sorry, but I don't understand. Are you asking to change the email address of the customer you're sending to? If so, it can be changed in the Customer screen. If you're referring to your reply to email address, that is setup in your email client. Look for account setup options in that application and change the address there.
M1 Product Manager
Honest Engine
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Honest Engine »

No.

I use Outlook, and there are five different email accounts within Outlook. When I click the Email button in Mitchell, it opens Outlook and automatically populates the email with one of my five accounts in the "from" field. It always defaults to an account that I'd rather not use, so I'd like to change that so that it sends from a different account by default. I'd also like to change the wording of what the email says, instead of please see your attached invoice in PDF form or whatever, I'd like to dress that up and make it my own. How do I go about changing these settings within Mitchell?

Jerry
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Honest Engine wrote: I use Outlook, and there are five different email accounts within Outlook. When I click the Email button in Mitchell, it opens Outlook and automatically populates the email with one of my five accounts in the "from" field. It always defaults to an account that I'd rather not use, so I'd like to change that so that it sends from a different account by default.
This is setup in Outlook. Depending on your version, it may vary where to find it, but it's usually under the accounts setup. You'll note in this example, the button to change the default account is greyed out because I only have one. If had multiple, I could set it as default.
outlookacct.PNG
outlookacct.PNG (58.18 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
Your second option is to enable the From field, and switch it on the email.
outlookfrom.png
outlookfrom.png (85.22 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
I'd also like to change the wording of what the email says, instead of please see your attached invoice in PDF form or whatever, I'd like to dress that up and make it my own. How do I go about changing these settings within Mitchell?

Jerry
Unfortunately that is a static message currently. You cannot modify the template.
M1 Product Manager
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

Coming in v 7.2
email.gif
email.gif (43.97 KiB) Viewed 2750 times
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

PS - you are able to create individual templates for estimates repair orders and invoices.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Technical Issues”