Duplicate Inventory Issue FIXED

Manager SE specific technical issues
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Duplicate Inventory Issue FIXED

Post by motley06 »

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how this keeps happening. I make sure that I only have 1 of each item listed for this vendor before I start. When I create the PO, I make sure I use the correct part numbers and that everything 'greys out' to show I've picked the inventory item. I receive them all, and then this happens. Please help me understand what I am doing wrong.
error.png
error.png (29.57 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
motley06

Re: Duplicate inventory issues

Post by motley06 »

The only difference I see is that the parts I start out with have a manufacturer selected of <none>. The duplicated parts end up having () as the manufacturer
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

The line code or manufacturer must be the same. If they are different, a 'duplicate' can be created. I've created a line code for parts from the manufacturer and use it every time. That eliminates the duplication issue.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
motley06

Post by motley06 »

This seems to have fixed the problem. However, I feel like this might be a bug in the system. I made sure that each inventory item had <none> as the manufacturer, made sure I selected the inventory part when creating the PO, but it would still create an identical part, however, override any manual pricing and changing the manufacturer to ()... Either way, got it fixed

Return to “Technical Issues”