Unable to scroll through category/vendor with letters

Manager SE specific technical issues
DynaBMan
100 Club: Active Contributor

Unable to scroll through category/vendor with letters

Post by DynaBMan »

Something else I have found with the new update 7.3.7. On previous versions, I could press the first letter of the category, vendor, etc, and scroll through the list that started with that letter. In other words, I could press "c" and then press it multiple times to scroll through Charging, Cooling, etc. Now, pressing "c" highlights the first letter of the category and then I have to use the arrow button to scroll.

Is this by design?
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
DynaBMan

Re: Unable to scroll through category/vendor with letters

Post by DynaBMan »

I just noticed that scrolling through the categories in the canned job window works like it used to work.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

On the same topic, I just figured out that I can actually spell the category or vendor and it will find what I am looking for. So, a different way to do the same thing that I wanted to do to start with. :D
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Larry,

It is very much by design. With the first change in the technology, typing a letter would cycle through each letter you typed. E.g, If you typed H-A-N in a Manufacturer field thinking you'd end up on Hankook, you'd instead be on something like NAP. We changed so that not only would the HAN just narrow search down (like it always has), but also show you what you typed by highlighting in the event you had a typo and want to backspace and correct.
M1 Product Manager
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Silky7 wrote:Larry,

It is very much by design. With the first change in the technology, typing a letter would cycle through each letter you typed. E.g, If you typed H-A-N in a Manufacturer field thinking you'd end up on Hankook, you'd instead be on something like NAP. We changed so that not only would the HAN just narrow search down (like it always has), but also show you what you typed by highlighting in the event you had a typo and want to backspace and correct.
I can live with this, especially since I discovered I can spell what I want. Works for me. :)
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Old habits are hard to break. Its going to take me a bit to get used to it.

Return to “Technical Issues”