Record locked

Manager SE specific technical issues
Biffle16

Record locked

Post by Biffle16 »

I updated the manager this morning on server and workstations and my issue: When you close an order and attempt to open the order on another workstation it keeps coming up that the "Record is locked and in use by another user"......what is this about...?.....using 7.3.7....you can only open the order and work it on the workstation it was originally opened on. HELP?. Update...the only way I can get into the order from another workstation is to actually close Manager and re-open it and then it seems to release the order so it can be opened on another workstation........a little frustrating...
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Record locked

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Biffle16 wrote:I updated the manager this morning on server and workstations and my issue: When you close an order and attempt to open the order on another workstation it keeps coming up that the "Record is locked and in use by another user"......what is this about...?.....using 7.3.7....you can only open the order and work it on the workstation it was originally opened on. HELP?. Update...the only way I can get into the order from another workstation is to actually close Manager and re-open it and then it seems to release the order so it can be opened on another workstation........a little frustrating...
This is working as designed and I like it! This prevents one user from over-writing a record that is not saved. There's a green down-arrow next to More Info which allows you to take the order from the other user. It also shows who has it and when it was locked.
Attachments
Locked Record.PNG
Locked Record.PNG (11.33 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Dan
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

GUTHTIRE wrote:
Biffle16 wrote:I updated the manager this morning on server and workstations and my issue: When you close an order and attempt to open the order on another workstation it keeps coming up that the "Record is locked and in use by another user"......what is this about...?.....using 7.3.7....you can only open the order and work it on the workstation it was originally opened on. HELP?. Update...the only way I can get into the order from another workstation is to actually close Manager and re-open it and then it seems to release the order so it can be opened on another workstation........a little frustrating...
This is working as designed and I like it! This prevents one user from over-writing a record that is not saved. There's a green down-arrow next to More Info which allows you to take the order from the other user. It also shows who has it and when it was locked.
*** Disregard my prior text. I misread your post. You are on 7.3.7 which is beyond what we have installed.
Dan
cd90caprice

Post by cd90caprice »

We are having the exact same issue since the update to 7.3.7 as well. Found that it always keeps the record locked whenever the status is changed. Will be contacting our sales rep. Our IT guy is saying everything is good on our end. Hope it can get resolved soon.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

I has this happen once. It was an old RO, I checked all of the computers and none had that invoice open. I found it strange, but chalked it up to "just one of those things". Has only happened once here to my knowledge.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.

Return to “Technical Issues”