Receiving Parts

Manager SE specific technical issues
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Receiving Parts

Post by Sauvageaus »

I ordered the part through Mitchell in the Invoice, then received the part once it arrived so it turned blue high light when ordered and green when received. Now randomly I opened it up and the part line lost the high light and when I go into View PO and click the place where it was ordered from the part in there is red and no longer green.

Not sure what caused that?

Last time it happened I called in and the tech guy didn't know what I was talking about.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: Receiving Parts

Post by Pauls Automotive »

That is a new one. I have never seen it. I would call back to support and if you don't get an answer ask for second level support. Sometimes the lower level support guys don't know how to handle odd ball problems.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

They didn't know what caused it, being I don't track that part for inventory nothing will be affected.
Unless I want to have the green line showing that the part had been ordered, I would have to recreate the PO manually to get that green line back.
Otherwise there was no way to fix the issue or why it occurred.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

There are rare user sequences that can cause the green highlighting to temporarily disappear. A trip to the WIP screen and back usually re-paints the highlight for the item(s).

Something happened to the status of that part to cause the display in red and that is linked to the highlight missing. The line coloring can only be triggered from an electronic order; a manually created P.O. (Pick List method) has no such trigger.

You'd probably be hard pressed to duplicate what happened, we'd probably have to look into your database to know more.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

timbre4 wrote:There are rare user sequences that can cause the green highlighting to temporarily disappear. A trip to the WIP screen and back usually re-paints the highlight for the item(s).

Something happened to the status of that part to cause the display in red and that is linked to the highlight missing. The line coloring can only be triggered from an electronic order; a manually created P.O. (Pick List method) has no such trigger.

You'd probably be hard pressed to duplicate what happened, we'd probably have to look into your database to know more.
I figured it was rare and something randomly happened, wasn't too concerned, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a big issue and to pass something along if there was.

Thanks for the response.

Return to “Technical Issues”