Out of memory error

Manager SE specific technical issues
Propane Plus

Out of memory error

Post by Propane Plus »

Had my workstation show a red X thru the entire screen today. I copied the error details, pressed ok then had another error message show up with a different error. Copied both error details to a word document. This is the second error details, first one is 45 pages long (can email). Windows 7 Professional version, 8.0GB ram, 64 bit operating system. This happens just about every week. Manager version 7.5.0. Usually have to restart the program, occasionally have to restart the computer to continue. Computers are shut down every weekend, fresh start Monday mornings.

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryReadPlpUnicodeChars(Char[]& buff, Int32 offst, Int32 len, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Int32& totalCharsRead)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryReadSqlStringValue(SqlBuffer value, Byte type, Int32 length, Encoding encoding, Boolean isPlp, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryReadSqlValue(SqlBuffer value, SqlMetaDataPriv md, Int32 length, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadColumnInternal(Int32 i, Boolean readHeaderOnly)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadColumn(Int32 i, Boolean setTimeout, Boolean allowPartiallyReadColumn)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetValues(Object[] values)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DataReaderContainer.CommonLanguageSubsetDataReader.GetValues(Object[] values)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.SchemaMapping.LoadDataRow()
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping)
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
at ShopStreamXt.Services.Configuration.LowLevel.SqlSettingsService.EnsureSettings()
at ShopStreamXt.Services.Configuration.LowLevel.SqlSettingsService.MatchRow(String tag)
at ShopStreamXt.Services.Configuration.LowLevel.SqlSettingsService.GetValue(String tag)
at Mitchell1.ShopStreamServices.ConfigurationBase.GetValue(String tag)
at ShopStreamXt.Utilities.Configuration.SSXtSettingsProvider.GetSettingValue(String theBaseKey, SettingsProperty prop, ISSXtConfigurationSource source)
at ShopStreamXt.Utilities.Configuration.SSXtSettingsProvider.UpdateSetting(String theBaseKey, SettingsPropertyValue propValue, ISSXtConfigurationSource source)
at ShopStreamXt.Utilities.Configuration.SSXtSettingsProvider.SetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyValueCollection collection)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SaveCore()
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.Save()
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.Save()
at ShopStreamXt.Services.Configuration.HighLevel.UserSettings.ShopStreamXt.ServiceInterfaces.Configuration.LowLevel.ISSXtPersistentSettings.Save()
at ShopStreamXt.ShopStreamXtShell.MainShellForm.toolStripContainer1_SaveLocation(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Out of memory error

Post by Rich »

Mine does it also, like a telemarketer, some days 4 or 5 times, some times not for days.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Please call tech support about this. It's beyond the scope of this forum.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

Happens all the time for us. I just figured it was normal.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

This is not normal and you should call in to support. They need input like this.
603-622-6434 x203

Gerald Martin
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by Gerald Martin »

Mitchell has some program issues and I think they know it. I just wish they would get this completely resolved. Happens for me too on, even on my host machine which is Win10Pro, 64bit, i7-7700 processor, 32 GB Ram, m.2 PCI-E SSD. With a configuration like this we shouldn't run out of memory but we do. I probably get this out of memory issue and red X once a day on average. It doesn't happen maybe quite a often as it used to since they fixed a few memory leaks along the way. But it shouldn't happen at all on a program as "mature" as Manager SE....

I am a bit surprised to hear it's happen on win 7 machine. I thought maybe it was more on win 10. I can't prove it but it always felt like the program was a bit "snappier" on win 7.

Gerald
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

From what little I know, it doesn't matter how powerful your PC is. It's more to do with allocation and release of memory.
603-622-6434 x203

Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

We are investigating this as a general issue with the software at this juncture. As Gerald alluded to, we have seen this issue for users with systems that shouldn't logically be experiencing this. However, the lack of consistent issues from user-to-user makes this much more complex. I.e., an issue like a memory leak should result in essentially the same problem for all users. This has not been the case with the ongoing out-of-memory errors.

With that said, we are indeed looking at methods for memory optimization/expanded memory usage here in the first quarter of this year. I hope some of you will be willing participants in a pilot program for us when we have a deliverable that we feel will resolve these issue.

We will make announcements in this forum as we get closer to actual dates. Thank you for your patience in the interim.

Regards,

Dan Johnson
Mitchell 1 Product Manager
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I'll participate as always, but fortunately we've not had any of these errors at all. :oops: Must be my awesome IT guy. :roll:
603-622-6434 x203

CARTECHPLUS
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by CARTECHPLUS »

You're never going to believe this, but as I am sitting here reading this post and the replies, on my host machine, I get the out of memory error. It's not the first time for me either but just weird the timing of it all I suppose!
Rich

Post by Rich »

I am also a willing guinea pig, you build it, i can break it.
Rich Hays
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

I have never experienced this issue. We have slowdowns and not responding issues at times.
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

Hey Dan - Put me on the list, of course.... ;-)

Gerald
Rich

Post by Rich »

Will it help if we post the details of the out of memory error like the OP did?
Rich Hays
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Rich wrote:Will it help if we post the details of the out of memory error like the OP did?
Thanks, Rich. There is no need for any extended error messaging or logs at this time. When we begin the beta pilot for testing the resolution, we will certainly collect any relevant information if the issue persists.
M1 Product Manager
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I have never gotten the out of memory message but have seen it get really slow and it looks like the memory is the issue although I have yet to see anything to cause it. Support has not found it for me and I can see why as it is very random.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

brianp87 wrote:I have never gotten the out of memory message but have seen it get really slow and it looks like the memory is the issue although I have yet to see anything to cause it. Support has not found it for me and I can see why as it is very random.
Brian, we'll also be investigating the slowness after the 64-bit work is done. The seemingly random nature and inconsistent experience indicates tackling that area will take significantly longer.
M1 Product Manager
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Hello all!

Within the next two weeks, we will be starting our early access pilot for the 64-bit version of the shop management application. I have a number of you designated as participants (Ric, Gerald, Rich). If anyone else is interested, please PM me or post in this thread to receive the instructions for installation.

Thank you in advance for your participation, and thank you all for your patience in this endeavor.

Regards,

Dan J.
M1 Product Manager
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I am just seeing this thread. Are you telling me the current version is not 64 bit compatable?
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Paul,

It's still a 32-bit application. Obviously it runs on either 32 or 64-bit OS's, but is limited in resource use.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”