Update 8.5.02

Manager SE specific technical issues
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Update 8.5.02

Post by megoff »

If you're constantly having reset, please contact support so we can collect logs. Resets should not happen while the software is open. Are all computers in the shop running off the same user? Is it one computer that you first notice the resets on?
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by ShopManTim »

FWIW

Ok, so with the help of product support fellow (Benjamin), we discovered that 4 of the 5 stations we use were signed in as DEFAULT USER. So, he/I changed this and each station is signed in as a separate user. So far, it seems that the system is happy. We'll see how long this may last.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

We have 2 computers. Did an oil change this morning. Print ticket from host. Walk to car to do something, walk back to host all columns have rearranged and the hidden ones are also back. That's all the info I can think to give you.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

sbebenelli wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:55 am
We have 2 computers. Did an oil change this morning. Print ticket from host. Walk to car to do something, walk back to host all columns have rearranged and the hidden ones are also back. That's all the info I can think to give you.
Do each of the PCs with Manager SE have their own unique User profiles or are they using the same one? Are either of them displaying Default User?
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

timbre4 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:59 am
sbebenelli wrote:
Do each of the PCs with Manager SE have their own unique User profiles or are they using the same one? Are either of them displaying Default User?
We are a father, son shop. We only have one user setup and never log out of it. I just looked both say the same user. (My name)
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

sbebenelli wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:06 am
timbre4 wrote:
sbebenelli wrote:
We are a father, son shop. We only have one user setup and never log out of it. I just looked both say the same user. (My name)
Because more WIP settings belong to the user profiles now, it is probably going to be necessary to have unique User profiles on each PC. When time permits, turn the second PC off and create a new USer profile. It will want to go back to default view and you'll need to make the changes to replicate the view that you had (or close to it), maybe make some changes you wanted to make.

When that is done, restart Manager SE on the second PC and select the new profile. This sequence should prevent conflicts or a reversion back to a default layout.
Tim McDonnell -
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

timbre4 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:12 am
sbebenelli wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:06 am
timbre4 wrote:

Because more WIP settings belong to the user profiles now, it is probably going to be necessary to have unique User profiles on each PC. When time permits, turn the second PC off and create a new USer profile. It will want to go back to default view and you'll need to make the changes to replicate the view that you had (or close to it), maybe make some changes you wanted to make.

When that is done, restart Manager SE on the second PC and select the new profile. This sequence should prevent conflicts or a reversion back to a default layout.
So leave each computer with the different user logged in?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

That's what I would do. Your preferred screen layout can be the same (or similar) for both Users.
Tim McDonnell -
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

timbre4 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:02 am
That's what I would do. Your preferred screen layout can be the same (or similar) for both Users.
OK will do that. I'll let you know if I have anymore issues. Thank you.
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

sbebenelli wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:21 am
timbre4 wrote:
OK will do that. I'll let you know if I have anymore issues. Thank you.
For what it's worth, we had many days of frustration with the WIP screen until I found out that each station must be assigned a different user. Once I got each station a designated user, the WIP issues went away, at least, so far. We all like the flexibility offered in the current set up. Each user can customize the screens the way they want it.

Yea for Mitchell1 Tech Support!!!!!!!
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Well, I have 3 different profiles for myself. The one I use the most is set on more than one computer. It has never defaulted. Another profile I have on the host machine only; no other machine. That profile has defaulted many times.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

timbre4 wrote:
We did this. It has worked up till today. I turned the host on this morning and the WIP columns are all rearranged. The hidden columns are back on the screen. Columns are resized.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

sbebenelli wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:32 am
timbre4 wrote:
We did this. It has worked up till today. I turned the host on this morning and the WIP columns are all rearranged. The hidden columns are back on the screen. Columns are resized.
We are still looking into what's causing this as we are getting reports of it happening randomly. With something that happens randomly it can be quite difficult to pinpoint what's causing this to happen.

This is actively being looked at.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Can't be fun. Like that customer who has a noise but we can't duplicate it. Gotta love those....
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

I have both of my stations logged in as my user, and they both work and do not reset.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

We have 3 stations each logged in all the time and with no issues since we identified each station as a separate used. Hopefully this is the end of our column issues. For several weeks it has been trouble free. (Cross my fingers)
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Now a new problem developed. When I want to make a new estimate/work order/invoice/special order and populate the customer screen, there is no name - only phone number. Even after trying several times the customer names do not populate. At random through the day it may function normally but often not. Frustrating.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

ShopManTim,
Please right click on the phone number and go to column chooser. The columns may have been accidentally hidden.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

megoff wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:54 am
ShopManTim,
Please right click on the phone number and go to column chooser. The columns may have been accidentally hidden.
The column is there - just white with no names. If I right click - nothing happens. If I double click and I know the correct phone number, I can open up the customers vehicle list. The issue is where I do not know the phone number and the name column has no names.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Sound like this would be something we'd need to look at as this seems a little strange. Please give tech support a call and we can look at what may be causing it.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”