Counter Sale - No Part Numbers

Manager SE Reports & printing
nickh360

Counter Sale - No Part Numbers

Post by nickh360 »

I tried searching the forums and didn't turn anything up, so I apologize if this has been discussed previously.

At the Mitchell training this weekend in Orlando they stated the most popular Invoice options are No Hour Detail / No Part Number, which is how we print Invoices as well. But we'd love to have the No Part Number option for Counter Sale as well. Would anyone else find this helpful or could Mitchell look into adding this as an option?

Thank you for your input!
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Counter Sale - No Part Numbers

Post by brianp87 »

Maybe someone else can help but I do not use the counter sale. I like to know whom did what and when for warranty accuracy.
nickh360

Post by nickh360 »

Brian, as far as wanting to know "whom did what and when for warranty accuracy", are you referring to the tech who did work or the customer who's purchasing the parts?

We don't use Counter Sales for anything with labor, only parts sales over the counter. And we include the Customer's information on the Counter Ticket, so it's stored in history under the Customer name and that particular vehicle.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for joining us in Orlando!

A Counter Sale w/o Part #s would have to be created;

Alternately, one could press the F11 key to start directly at Invoice level today and use the Invoice template w/o part #s right now. Counter Sale is technically an Invoice document in nature; the only downside to this work -around would be any sales reporting where the CS * for Counter Sale segmenting would be skewed as these would be seen as INV rather than CS.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Reports + Printing”