Program Security and Requiring Password to Print Reports

Manager SE Reports & printing
ajnealey

Program Security and Requiring Password to Print Reports

Post by ajnealey »

Hello,

I'm having serious difficulty with this after trying different settings and watching the program security youtube videos with no luck.

We have 5 users at our location. I have set a password for each user. I have selected a few different protected areas which include "Reports - Print" and "Report/Printer - OK" (Not really sure what this function is but selected anything that had "reports" in the name). Under the "Select Protected Areas" I have checked those two areas for my main service advisor so it requires that he input his password to access this area. When this user in question goes to reports, it prompts him for his password. But it says that he does not have permission to access this area. What am I missing? The only way he can access it is if I completely remove "Reports - Print" from the available list of protected areas.

I hope this makes sense. My goal is for him needing his password to access reports. I obviously don't want to give him our Master Password which seems to be the only way to access reports.

Thanks for your time!
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Program Security and Requiring Password to Print Reports

Post by Silky7 »

Hello,

The current program security can be a little tricky. What you'll want to do is to make sure the area is checked if you want the user to have access. If it's unchecked, that means the user's password won't get them into that area.

So you'd want your area to look like this for the SA that you want to allow printing:
2018-11-29 09_00_58-Window.png
2018-11-29 09_00_58-Window.png (11.18 KiB) Viewed 3241 times
M1 Product Manager
ajnealey

Post by ajnealey »

Thanks for your reply, that is correct, Reports-Print is check marked for the service advisor in question. His password assigned to him will not allow him to access reports.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

That sounds like it's time to check in with Tech Support. It should be working as it's setup.
M1 Product Manager
ajnealey

Post by ajnealey »

Just wanted to give a quick update on this. I just got off phone with tech support. The issue I was experiencing was due to the fact that I was using the same exact password for every user. The system didn't like it. Make sure each password for each user is unique and you'll be good to go.

Happy New Year all,
AJ
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Thanks for updating the post, and Happy New Year to you also!
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Reports + Printing”