Building Canned Job Packages w/o Showing Part Prices?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Building Canned Job Packages w/o Showing Part Prices?

Post by motley06 »

Just thought I'd bring this back up. We're getting ready to do another direct mail blast with a packaged oil special and would be nice if we could get the packages to present a single price while tracking tech hours and and have everything accounted for. I know the main focus right now for Mitchell is scheduler and canned jobs with parts kits is a work around for this situation, but I just wanted to bring it up again...
sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by sbcauto »

We Use Quick Can Jobs For Oil Change. First You Build A Parts Kit. Parts Kit List All Filters And All common Oil. When We a put The Oil Change On the Work order; A list of All Filters come Up, We Choose The Filter Needed, The Second Window Pops Up With The Different Oils, we Choose The Oil For The Job. Then The Job Is Done On Work Order With The Price Of The Oil Change (Mine is 49.95 + taxes).
tmbutitta
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by tmbutitta »

We use to use canned jobs for our oil changes, but we have just went to the LOF packages.

From my experience, its no different then canned jobs, but just groups everything together. It makes for a couple extra clicks, but overall better and easier (I think). I have 12 different oil changes with semi synthetic, high mileage, full synthetic, and diesel. PLUS we have an add on for our 5-pack deal. And as I write this, I think i should have another add on for the BG kits too...

But this has allowed us to track sales of every type of oil. The only thing I have to do is transfer in the correct filter. We have had a couple people sell the package without a filter, so I have added a "Generic Filter" with a cost of $999.99. This reminds everyone to delete it and add the correct filter.

I also have every filter in my inventory and have them price locked at $4.90. So regardless of the cost and the matrix, it sells if for the price I set.... certain premium filters that cost me over $4, I have price locked at their list price.

This way 95% of my oil changes cost 34.99. Once I transfer in a premium filter, it will increase the invoice accordingly. If I change the oil quantity from 5 to 7qts, it also changes the cost and sale price.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (100.97 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
motley06

Post by motley06 »

sbcauto wrote:We Use Quick Can Jobs For Oil Change. First You Build A Parts Kit. Parts Kit List All Filters And All common Oil. When We a put The Oil Change On the Work order; A list of All Filters come Up, We Choose The Filter Needed, The Second Window Pops Up With The Different Oils, we Choose The Oil For The Job. Then The Job Is Done On Work Order With The Price Of The Oil Change (Mine is 49.95 + taxes).
I'm really curious to know how your service advisors have any clue what oil filters go on what cars. We're not a high volume shop, but we see enough different makes and models that it would be impossible to look at a list of 20 oil filters and know what filter to pick.
motley06

Post by motley06 »

tmbutitta wrote:We use to use canned jobs for our oil changes, but we have just went to the LOF packages.

From my experience, its no different then canned jobs, but just groups everything together. It makes for a couple extra clicks, but overall better and easier (I think). I have 12 different oil changes with semi synthetic, high mileage, full synthetic, and diesel. PLUS we have an add on for our 5-pack deal. And as I write this, I think i should have another add on for the BG kits too...

But this has allowed us to track sales of every type of oil. The only thing I have to do is transfer in the correct filter. We have had a couple people sell the package without a filter, so I have added a "Generic Filter" with a cost of $999.99. This reminds everyone to delete it and add the correct filter.

I also have every filter in my inventory and have them price locked at $4.90. So regardless of the cost and the matrix, it sells if for the price I set.... certain premium filters that cost me over $4, I have price locked at their list price.

This way 95% of my oil changes cost 34.99. Once I transfer in a premium filter, it will increase the invoice accordingly. If I change the oil quantity from 5 to 7qts, it also changes the cost and sale price.
Just playing around with the LOF packages, you're right in that they work just like the canned jobs. We just have a parts kit attached to it that prompts for what type of oil to use and a note built in to grab the filter from the parts catalog of our local vendor.

I'm curious though how you handle your 5-pack oil changes. We've got some cards for them, but we're kinda unsure how to implement them.

Return to “Database + Settings”