Add Credit Card Processing Fees?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
avas

Add Credit Card Processing Fees?

Post by avas »

What is the best way to add this to every work order? I want to add 2.5% to every invoice unless they elect to pay cash. Tried to enter it as shop fees and I check the box but it does not display on final invoice. I also notices hazmat doesn't either. Is something setup wrong?
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Add Credit Card Processing Fees?

Post by brianp87 »

You may check your state laws. I do not believe it is allowed. As far as haz mat and other fees not automatically assigning you need to set it on the host.
Attachments
mitch.JPG
mitch.JPG (117.24 KiB) Viewed 11150 times
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Shop Supplies and Hazardous Materials are intended to calculate as percentage of parts and/or labor items as configured in Shop Data Setup to recover shop revenue for materials/ labor not otherwise billed.

Other shops will chime in with their thoughts about this as a business decision.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Some very good advice in this thread thus far. Being based in California, you'll want to tread very carefully: https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/cr ... surcharges

My general suggestion when asked about processing fees is that you incorporate the fees into the overhead. Adjust your labor and parts by the proposed percentage, then offer your customers a cash discount when time for payment comes. That is generally considered the safer legal option, but you should always review any plan with your own legal counsel.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Database + Settings”