Backdate Invoices

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
AtoZbrentwood18

Backdate Invoices

Post by AtoZbrentwood18 »

I take off two days a week. when im off no one else creates orders for invoices and i come back to paperwork from the day before. how do i backdate so that it shows on the printed invoice?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Backdate invoices

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

The only way to change the 'Printed Date' on a Manager invoice is to change the date on the computer, although that could cause some funky side-effects. What invoice template are you using?

Any possibility on training your staff to do it?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
dtstire
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by dtstire »

Invoices show 2 dates: "Printed Date" and "Work Completed". The latter is the date of when the invoice became "printed" which you can edit on the WIP screen by selecting the order and clicking "Detail" on the bottom right. From there, you can change "Completion Date/Time" to the actual day.

Perhaps this would be enough to show the date of completion - who cares when it was printed?

My 2¢.
jace241

Post by jace241 »

If you unpost an invoice from history and then go to post it again it asks what date you want to post it with. At that point you can put in whatever date. Not sure how that effects the date on the invoice but worth a shot.
VirginiaO

Re: Backdate Invoices

Post by VirginiaO »

That's right, just post the invoice to the date it was completed. It will still show the print date as 'today', but that's not what matters.
Virginia
tanyah

Re: Backdate Invoices

Post by tanyah »

I agree who cares when the invoice was printed, this should just go away. Warranty, Insurance, & Rebate companies do not care when printed their interest is when was the work completed or the purchase date. Work Completed is way more important than Printed date.

Return to “Database + Settings”