Parts Ordering Issue

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
scgms1
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Parts Ordering Issue

Post by scgms1 »

About 3-4 weeks ago I ordered parts through my Manager SE 6.6.12 program using Wise Connect. I was busy and by the time I needed the parts I hadn't even realized they hadn't gotten here yet, this was after 5 hours. I called my WD and I'm told that the parts were set for Will Call. The next morning they show up. I had missed the delivery cut-off. Great. I tried to order some more parts, but this time I called, they're set for will call. I ask their IT department what's going on. He spent a little bit of time and he said it appears to be on Mitchell's side. I call Mitchell and I'm told it's on the WD's side. Hmm. I call the WD back and he said he'll look into it.

My rep for that WD showed up today and asked about the parts ordering issue. No, it's not fixed, and no they haven't called back. I get a call from the WD's IT department again and he said it's on Mitchell's side. He suggested I call AC Delco as I'm a PSC shop and my purchases are tracked through Wise Connect. I place a call to them and they request I delete both of my WD's from the Parts Vendors, reboot the PC, and then add them back in. I've still got the same issue going on. They're checking on it, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this and it sounds like there is something that has changed with update 6.6.12.

I included a screen shot of something that has changed on the Parts Ordering screen. There used to be a box that had the options for Delivery, or Will Call. That box is no longer there only on the WD's for Wise Connect. Other vendors that box is still there. Is this a Mitchell, WD, or Wrenchhead/WHI problem?

Thanks for your time,
Attachments
Parts Ordering Issue.JPG
Parts Ordering Issue.JPG (106.64 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Parts Ordering Issue

Post by brianp87 »

To me appears to be on the parts warehouse side. They need to know that you do not will call.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Parts Ordering Issue

Post by Johnny5 »

Hi, Sorry you are having trouble. The WHI catalog was programmed by WHI, they also control the communication between your system and the WD. WHI will have to fix this. It could be something as easy as a setting. in the meantime, you could also try using an alternate ACDelco catalog.

ACDelco WIP from DST - Sept 28, 2011 ACDELCO The link to install that ACDelco catalog is http://m1faqs.com/fix/SE/catalogs/acdelco.exe

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Parts + Ordering”