Message Pro Update

Text messaging
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Message Pro Update

Post by ARS »

With the latest update - Message Pro is not showing us the Customer name when they respond to us or when we are sending them a text.. just the phone number.. Is this something new or will it go back the original way when we can see who we are talking to....

The Automatic Texting works sporadically for us... our goes out at 10:00am each day... some days we have to go into message pro settings & uncheck the automation settings... save... close message pro-- reopen message pro.. go back into settings... check automation settings ...save.. close settings & then the texts will go. A bit frustrating....

Thanks, ARS
MRISICH
200 Club: Major Contributor

Re: Message Pro Update

Post by MRISICH »

Hey ARS,

Here’s some things to consider.

If the computer designated to auto Send/Receive messages is in a sleep or hibernate state, Message Pro does not have permission to wake the computer up to send the Auto Text Message reminders.

We recommend setting the primary service writing computer as the computer that will Auto Send/Receive messages and setting the days in advance to 7.

Using the primary service writing computer prevents the chance that the computer will be in a sleep/hibernate state during business hours and the 7 days in advance to insure that the shop is open when the messages go out.

We have an alternate solution in which we can add a windows scheduled task to wake the computer a minute before Message Pro is set to send auto text reminders, but this will not address it during business hours if the server is not used as a workstation.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
ARS

Post by ARS »

Also- since the update we can not send texts that are bigger than 160 characters--- i know that we used to be able to & it would split it into 2 messages. Frustrating, esp. when you write a large message to someone & it does not give you any warning that the message is to large & will not go through.. So you try to send the message & when it does not go through.. you have to retype the message & try to remember what you wrote.

it would be nice if we got back that you split it into 2 messages--- i know we can do that with a regular cell phone. or it turns it into a MMS message.

Thanks, ARS
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

Hey ARS,

I just replied to you in the Lube Sticker forum, but I'll fill you in here also. In an effort to eliminate you having to wait for me to answer you back here, I think it’s best if you let our support team take a look. This way we’ll be able to get you back in action as fastest possible. Please click here - http://boltontechnology.com/support-team/ - and follow the instructions for option 1. It will connect you directly with our Support Team.

We’ll take care of you and answer any questions you have.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
SKLINE17
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by SKLINE17 »

I assume there are still some bugs to work out with the latest update with the chat. Our team chat doesn't work now, but it seems like the individual chat is working.
SKLINE17
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by SKLINE17 »

Looks like they have it taken care of.

Return to “Message Pro”