Message Pro- Attachments

Text messaging
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Message Pro- Attachments

Post by ARS »

Do we have the ability to send attachments or receive attachments in Message Pro?

We are thinking of sending pictures to the customer via text....

Also we work on older vehicles & customers want to send us pictures of parts they found & want to see if they will work... etc.

We do not see this available at the moment- wondering if there are plans to adding this feature.

Thanks, ARS
motley06

Re: Message Pro- Attachments

Post by motley06 »

Yes, we've also had customers try to send us pictures that would be nice if we could see it.

Maybe something a bit easier, how about emojis? I know, silly, but it would help with communication instead of reading "Im at work got called in. So whats the final prognosis😢" or "Np. I understand totally.😀"

It would help us know if the customer is smiling, upset, being sarcastic. Again, silly, but would actually be helpful
ARS

Post by ARS »

i agree!
MRISICH
200 Club: Major Contributor

Post by MRISICH »

ARS wrote:Do we have the ability to send attachments or receive attachments in Message Pro?

We are thinking of sending pictures to the customer via text....

Also we work on older vehicles & customers want to send us pictures of parts they found & want to see if they will work... etc.

We do not see this available at the moment- wondering if there are plans to adding this feature.

Thanks, ARS
Hi ARS,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Message Pro doesn’t have the ability to send photos individually. This is to avoid having to send multiple text messages to a customer in order illustrate the urgency of needed service. For this, we recommended texting the customer a URL to a webpage that shows all the photos. Doing so will simplify the process to just one text.

As for customers sending photos to a shop, email would actually be much more ideal, due to the restrictions of mobile devices vs. desktop PCs.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

motley06 wrote:Yes, we've also had customers try to send us pictures that would be nice if we could see it.

Maybe something a bit easier, how about emojis? I know, silly, but it would help with communication instead of reading "Im at work got called in. So whats the final prognosis😢" or "Np. I understand totally.😀"

It would help us know if the customer is smiling, upset, being sarcastic. Again, silly, but would actually be helpful
Hi Matt,

Thanks for reaching out. While we thought that emojis would be a relatively easy feature to add, it turns out there is not really a standard for it. Each program, operating system, even cellular carrier has their own method of handling emojis. For Message Pro to properly handle emojis, it would need to handle all types, across all known carriers, operating systems and programs sending text messages. It turns out that this would be a much easier said than done feature that would require much more development and testing.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/

Return to “Message Pro”