Message Manager Recommendations

Text messaging
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Message Manager Recommendations

Post by ricmorin »

In Message Manager, you can click on the Calendar icon and another window opens.

calendar.JPG
calendar.JPG (23.44 KiB) Viewed 2854 times

One window has your appointments for that day and the other, more importantly, has your recommendations for that day.

recommend.JPG
recommend.JPG (27.01 KiB) Viewed 2854 times

This is a great feature because you can text spontaneously to your customers in real time. I use this feature often. Simply double click on a recommendation and a text window opens for that customer. What I would love to see added is the ability to copy and paste the actual recommendation. I feel that would be better than a generic canned text.

Is anyone else using this? Do you think this feature could be helpful?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Message Manager Recommendations

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Still discovering gold?

Uses for Calendar

End of day - look and see if any customers that had appointments didn't show up. Click on them and send a reminder of the missed appointment. Also look back for missed appointments and do the same.

Every Couple days - When customers confirm their appointments by sending the letter "C" to your text number. The word [Confirmed] will be in front of that appointment. Appointments without confirmation are just a few clicks away of sending another text reminder.

If you are setting your recommendations manually and allowing Advanced Scheduling in Lube Sticker Pro do the same, Every few days I'd look and see what is on the recommendations list for that day and send reminders out to those customers.

You can create a self customizing message template for each situation.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Still discovering gold?
Not really. I've been using this feature for several years. Just would like to see this enhancement.
End of day - look and see if any customers that had appointments didn't show up. Click on them and send a reminder of the missed appointment. Also look back for missed appointments and do the same.
We may have one or two missed appointments a year. Very rarely happens but this is good.
Every Couple days - When customers confirm their appointments by sending the letter "C" to your text number. The word [Confirmed] will be in front of that appointment. Appointments without confirmation are just a few clicks away of sending another text reminder.
We do not use this feature because it changes the status to "Confirmed'. That overwrites our important statuses like "Waiting" or "Needs a Ride" which we don't want; messes with our process. Is there a way to use this feature without the program changing the status? I could not find one.
If you are setting your recommendations manually and allowing Advanced Scheduling in Lube Sticker Pro do the same, Every few days I'd look and see what is on the recommendations list for that day and send reminders out to those customers.
My clients have not embraced pre-scheduling and I' won't force it on them. I AM sending recommendation texts but would like to copy and paste the actual recommendation, that's all.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Auto Repair Coach

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

We do not use this feature because it changes the status to "Confirmed'. That overwrites our important statuses like "Waiting" or "Needs a Ride" which we don't want; messes with our process. Is there a way to use this feature without the program changing the status? I could not find one
The only way I can figure this out is kind of clunky. Have a separate template message that you can send to these customers. Do not use the "C to confirm" wildcard in the template. May tell them to send a "Y" as in yes back telling you they are coming. When you double click on the customer to open the texting window, you will see it there. Clunky I told ya.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/

Return to “Message Pro”