Scheduler Feedback 2016

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
nhsc
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: Scheduler Feedback 2016

Post by nhsc »

Some of my appointments show the time and some do not. Some show the notes and some do not. Why?
JAY PHILLIPS
acofgb

Re: Scheduler Feedback & Requests

Post by acofgb »

nhsc wrote:Some of my appointments show the time and some do not. Some show the notes and some do not. Why?
I have the exact same question......
Bill Coniam

Scheduler Changes Promised Times?

Post by Bill Coniam »

Caution: Scheduler (at least v .03) will change promised times by itself. (Use caution before you upset your customers).

When you set an appointment (in at 8 and out at 5:30 for instance) and then sell an oil change or a cabin filter or something, it will add the sold hours to its little cyber world and decide to change the promised time you agreed to with your customers. :evil:

Watch closely until this error is corrected. :shock:
Back in the saddle again
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Scheduler Changes Promised Times?

Post by Silky7 »

This should not be the case. 7.0.3 extends the Schedule End time based on the hours added to the order. The Promised Time is not changed.
M1 Product Manager
Bill Coniam

Post by Bill Coniam »

Silky7 wrote:This should not be the case. 7.0.3 extends the Schedule End time based on the hours added to the order. The Promised Time is not changed.
Technically yes, What I was referring to is that when you promise and appointment (like: in at 8 and out at 5:30 that afternoon) The customer perceives that as "A Promised Time" and therefore, when the scheduler changes it to being "out at 8:30 the next morning", it not only moves the appointment to a barely-readable section at the top of the screen, but it creates the illusion that the car is promised to be picked up the next morning.

Not a recipe for successful customer service :oops:
Back in the saddle again
nhsc

Post by nhsc »

The new scheduler is certainly improvement, thanks for working so diligently on it. A couple of pesky things from my perspective: 1.The date and time should be separate fields that can be easily tabbed to and manipulated. It's really annoying to work with it the way it is now. 2. I agree with others that the Email address should be an open field as this is the perfect time to ask for an email address for reminders. 3. Instead of warning that the added jobs exceed the appointment time, just increase the appointment time and then warn.
JAY PHILLIPS
mharlan

Post by mharlan »

Have been working with the new scheduler for a couple months now and really like it. One suggestion I have would be if when we change the appointment state, it would flag that when viewing the overall schedule. Example. Changing state to"arrived" the color could change to Blue when viewing the "day view" screen or state changed to "waiting" and color changes to green. This would help when you have more that one person using the scheduler. They would know who is here and what state the vehicle is in at a glance.
imburnsey

Post by imburnsey »

Appointment end time should change with time promised.
Assigned tech should update from work order back to scheduler.
Editing spelling of someones name in Mitchell that was converted to RO through schedule should update name in schedule.
Print preview displays no valuable information.
Work Week view display is not professional.
Category displaying with appointment being gone is a huge disappointment. Please, Please return this. It is very handy to know canned information about the visit. Such as ; waiting, drop off night before, needs a ride, needs loaner car, quick check, no car wash, parts special order and so on. It was very very informative "at a glance"
New system has a very poor "at a glance" display.
7 Week view should offer more information than just customer name. It should have Category and first three words of what it is coming in for. (yeah I know. like it used to have).
How about adding a green background to those that have revisions so we are able to key in on those as they arrive.
What am I doing wrong in the work week view?

Please see the two files uploaded.
Last edited by imburnsey on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScuderiaBenny

Post by ScuderiaBenny »

Hey guys,
One quick annoyance that I keep running in to. Whenever I try and set my shop's open and close hours and the times I want displayed, at some point during the day it will revert back to the default as if I hadn't changed anything. Any tips on something to try or if anyone else is experiencing this?
Benjamin Anderson - Service Advisor
BLVD Autoworks - 2801 Kenzie Terrace - Minneapolis, MN 55418
612-789-5148
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

ScuderiaBenny wrote:Hey guys,
One quick annoyance that I keep running in to. Whenever I try and set my shop's open and close hours and the times I want displayed, at some point during the day it will revert back to the default as if I hadn't changed anything. Any tips on something to try or if anyone else is experiencing this?
Close down all instances of Manager except the Host. Update the hours, then close the host. Reopen the host, then workstations as needed. The setting should stick.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ScuderiaBenny

Post by ScuderiaBenny »

ricmorin wrote:
ScuderiaBenny wrote:Hey guys,
Close down all instances of Manager except the Host. Update the hours, then close the host. Reopen the host, then workstations as needed. The setting should stick.
Thanks Ric! I should've realized to just do the host first...seems to be working now.
Benjamin Anderson - Service Advisor
BLVD Autoworks - 2801 Kenzie Terrace - Minneapolis, MN 55418
612-789-5148
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

You're welcome.

This was recognized a while back and is being fixed in a subsequent version.
603-622-6434 x203

BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BERGMANS1 »

Below is an attachment of what my schedule typically looks like. All customers drop off in the morning.

I know you guys are working on many changes to the schedule. Just please tell me that sooner or later the schedule will not look like this... as it is not very helpful to me.

Once all of the cars are here and I move each appointment to the tech that is working on it and move the time so they are not stacked sidways it looks fine. Unfortunately, that is too late. I need to read the schedule before the day starts not after it is over.

BadSched1.png
BadSched1.png (108.12 KiB) Viewed 7725 times
Wanda

Schedule Indication of Day?

Post by Wanda »

When viewing the schedule it would be helpful to have the tab at the top of (today) be a different color no matter what schedule view you are in. The (Go To Today) button just brings you to the current week or month that you are in; it does no give you any indication of the current day.
Wanda
Motorcar Alternatives
603-622-6434 x204
Bill Coniam

Post by Bill Coniam »

Bill Coniam wrote:
Silky7 wrote:This should not be the case. 7.0.3 extends the Schedule End time based on the hours added to the order. The Promised Time is not changed.
Technically yes, What I was referring to is that when you promise and appointment (like: in at 8 and out at 5:30 that afternoon) The customer perceives that as "A Promised Time" and therefore, when the scheduler changes it to being "out at 8:30 the next morning", it not only moves the appointment to a barely-readable section at the top of the screen, but it creates the illusion that the car is promised to be picked up the next morning.

Not a recipe for successful customer service :oops:

Will this be corrected in V 7.05? Because "Schedule End" is a "Promised Time" to a shop, or more importantly, a customer. We must have continuity.
Back in the saddle again
wrench27

Post by wrench27 »

I know this has been mentioned before but please add "tab key" functionality to the scheduler. It is cumbersome to have to arrow or highlight to advance.

PS: Keep up the good work - it is progressing nicely and has come along way since the 1st release. Thanks again.
davesdowntownconoco

Post by davesdowntownconoco »

Just installed 7.07 update.

The scheduler is still a little disappointing- I would like to be able to color code the entire schedule block to represent if a vehicle is here, a WAITER, or has not arrived. The little bar of color to the left of the text box is not large enough to really be useful.
DK Auto
Dan Kelley- Owner/Operator
www.dkautodbq.com
facebook.com/dkautodbq
artadot
100 Club: Active Contributor

Scheduler Screen

Post by artadot »

We seem to be having a slight problem with the scheduling screen, it will blink off for a second and come right back, this has happening on at least 2 of our computers. Not sure if this is leading to bigger problems or not. Is anyone else having this problem? We are on 7.0.5
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
ricmorin

Re: Scheduler Screen

Post by ricmorin »

Are the blinks at 30 second intervals? I know the screen will blink ever so slightly during it's automated refresh( at least it did for me in that version). Version 7.0.7 does not show the blinking for me.
603-622-6434 x203

artadot

Re: Scheduler Screen

Post by artadot »

Yes, it is 30 sec intervals, Thanks Ric, at least I know I am not heading for a train wreck if others have had this too and that it will be corrected when I get the next update.
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot

Return to “Scheduler”