DEC 2015 FEEDBACK 1 (early)

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
SKLINE17
25 Club: Starting Contributor

DEC 2015 FEEDBACK 1 (early)

Post by SKLINE17 »

Have been using the new update most of the day. Had an issue after the download was done though. All the open work orders did not go onto the new schedule and all notes that were on the old schedule did not copy over. Figured out that all the open work orders set the scheduled date to 12/15 and the time to 12:30. I went in and manually changed the appointment time on each work order and they then showed up on the new schedule. Otherwise so far so good. A couple things, I would like to be able to arrange the technicians on the main screen to the order I want. Also have it so it saved those changes so you don't have to change it every time you log in. Those that use bolt on know what their scheduler does.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Scheduler FEEDBACK [Actual SE 7.0 User Posts Only]

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for the feedback. The new Scheduler uses a brand new table in the database.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
randallauto

Post by randallauto »

Downloaded it as soon as it popped up this afternoon and have been tweaking it since. It will take a little while to learn all the shortcuts. One thing I noticed is if you are in the "Find Customer for Schedule" window and type in a name that is not in your database you end up having to type it twice. It beeps at you if you select the "OK" box or if you select the "New Customer" it opens another "Create new customer" window that is blank. It would be nice if it auto populated the new window with the name you just typed.

Also maybe I am missing it or set something up wrong, but where does the selected color for the technician show up? In the technician setup 'Employee" screen it shows "schedule color" I changed it from the default blank to a color for both techs. If you open the appointment the box next to the techs name changes color depending on who you select but it doesn't seem to do much other than that. We have 2 techs and 4 bays, looking at the schedule by resource I would intuitively think the individual appointments would be shaded dependent on technician assignment.

Thanks
Craig
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

SKLINE17 wrote:Have been using the new update most of the day. Had an issue after the download was done though. All the open work orders did not go onto the new schedule and all notes that were on the old schedule did not copy over. Figured out that all the open work orders set the scheduled date to 12/15 and the time to 12:30. I went in and manually changed the appointment time on each work order and they then showed up on the new schedule. Otherwise so far so good. A couple things, I would like to be able to arrange the technicians on the main screen to the order I want. Also have it so it saved those changes so you don't have to change it every time you log in. Those that use bolt on know what their scheduler does.
Yeah when I went to Today on the Schedule I had noticed some were gone, but some were still there.

When you add a new appointment and select the customer, vehicle etc, is there a way to get the vehicle printed on the schedule for that day without having to add the vehicle in the notes? Daily I print a Tech Schedule for each guy and before in the notes I would put the vehicle and comments of customer or what was being done to the vehicle.
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Cory »

We have had an issue twice today, when entering a new customer, once we get to the phone number input (we use the tab button to advance) it will not allow us to save the phone number. Once we tab away from the phone number box to the email, the phone number auto deletes. If we get out of the customer screen, press F6, go back in, then it will let us enter the phone number. I called tech support and hopefully they are working on this?

Also, When creating an order then selecting option, then appointment, It would be nice if the "Total Hours" on the appointment screen would transfer the total amount of hours from the order screen.
franksautomotive

Post by franksautomotive »

Is there a way to print out the schedule for just one tech? For example we would like to print out the schedule every morning for each tech but can't find an option to do so... Also is there a way to remove the "Unassigned" on the scheduler? I would like to print it out without that so its easier to see the appointments.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

Good feedback - thank you!
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
MattFMN

Post by MattFMN »

When selecting Holidays, it doesn't seem to have any effect. So I've added days where the shop would be closed, but it doesn't show up in the schedule (other than the number being red on the calendar on the left).

I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.
randallauto

Post by randallauto »

Not sure if it is related to the other phone number glitch but I had a customer that changed his numbers around. When I went in to the telephone list and deleted the "home" number and added a cell number it wouldn't let me exit the list. I kept getting a "phone number must be in XXX-XXX-XXXX format" I ended up putting all zeros in to get it to let me exit. We have a fair amount of customers who ditch their home numbers and simply go to a cell. It never was a problem prior to just delete the home number.

Craig
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Yeah when I went to Today on the Schedule I had noticed some were gone, but some were still there.

When you add a new appointment and select the customer, vehicle etc, is there a way to get the vehicle printed on the schedule for that day without having to add the vehicle in the notes? Daily I print a Tech Schedule for each guy and before in the notes I would put the vehicle and comments of customer or what was being done to the vehicle.
Trying using the Scheduled Events report under the Management tab. It has the vehicle information.
M1 Product Manager
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Cory wrote:We have had an issue twice today, when entering a new customer, once we get to the phone number input (we use the tab button to advance) it will not allow us to save the phone number. Once we tab away from the phone number box to the email, the phone number auto deletes. If we get out of the customer screen, press F6, go back in, then it will let us enter the phone number. I called tech support and hopefully they are working on this?

Also, When creating an order then selecting option, then appointment, It would be nice if the "Total Hours" on the appointment screen would transfer the total amount of hours from the order screen.
Cory, we do have this recorded and the development team is working on it. Thanks for the report.
M1 Product Manager
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

randallauto wrote:Not sure if it is related to the other phone number glitch but I had a customer that changed his numbers around. When I went in to the telephone list and deleted the "home" number and added a cell number it wouldn't let me exit the list. I kept getting a "phone number must be in XXX-XXX-XXXX format" I ended up putting all zeros in to get it to let me exit. We have a fair amount of customers who ditch their home numbers and simply go to a cell. It never was a problem prior to just delete the home number.

Craig
Thanks, Craig. This issue has also been identified and is being worked on by the development team.
M1 Product Manager
randallauto

Post by randallauto »

Silky7 wrote:
randallauto wrote:Not sure if it is related to the other phone number glitch but I had a customer that changed his numbers around. When I went in to the telephone list and deleted the "home" number and added a cell number it wouldn't let me exit the list. I kept getting a "phone number must be in XXX-XXX-XXXX format" I ended up putting all zeros in to get it to let me exit. We have a fair amount of customers who ditch their home numbers and simply go to a cell. It never was a problem prior to just delete the home number.

Craig
Thanks, Craig. This issue has also been identified and is being worked on by the development team.
Guessing it is related but I also noticed for this particular customer it still shows the home phone (all zeros) in the WIP screen even though it is unchecked in the telephone list. Customer tab and across the top of the order screen it shows the correctly checked phone numbers.
SKLINE17

Post by SKLINE17 »

I have some more suggestions from my Service Writer and Assistant Service Writer.
- Have different colors for the appointment for their status. Est., Repair Order, Invoice - like in the WIP screen
- Can't change the promised time on the schedule. As i am just setting an appointment i notice once it is an estimate or ro you cant change it, but when first setting up the appt you can.
- had an issue when starting a RO from the normal WIP screen, it did not show up on the schedule.

Thans what i have for now.
franksautomotive

Post by franksautomotive »

Another really cool thing (unless I'm missing it) would be to see the recommendations when we're making the apt so that we could see if the customer would like to do those repairs at the same time.
a&mauto

Post by a&mauto »

The new scheduler is user friendly and easy to use. Would like to know if you can leave notes or messages without having to tag a customer? (example: Need to meet with part supplier at 2 for an hour) Would also like to see if you can schedule a shop event where we would close at noon? (example: Christmas eve) Also if using the Technician (resource view mode) in Day view if that event will block off all technicians after 12 pm? Thank you
Adam Jadovitz
A & M Automotive
Lake Elsinore, CA
951-245-1562
http://www.aandmautorepair.com
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

a&mauto wrote:The new scheduler is user friendly and easy to use. Would like to know if you can leave notes or messages without having to tag a customer? (example: Need to meet with part supplier at 2 for an hour) Would also like to see if you can schedule a shop event where we would close at noon? (example: Christmas eve) Also if using the Technician (resource view mode) in Day view if that event will block off all technicians after 12 pm? Thank you
Something like a Reminder/Note for Day/Time and will remind you. Or if someone is on a test run or getting parts and not in the office but someone gives them a call and leaves a message to be called back That would be huge to make notes/reminders separate from Customers/Techs
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

a&mauto wrote:The new scheduler is user friendly and easy to use. Would like to know if you can leave notes or messages without having to tag a customer? (example: Need to meet with part supplier at 2 for an hour) Would also like to see if you can schedule a shop event where we would close at noon? (example: Christmas eve) Also if using the Technician (resource view mode) in Day view if that event will block off all technicians after 12 pm? Thank you
Adam,

I'd setup a meeting like that as a Shop Event with a reminder.
M1 Product Manager
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

franksautomotive wrote:Another really cool thing (unless I'm missing it) would be to see the recommendations when we're making the apt so that we could see if the customer would like to do those repairs at the same time.
Thank you for your feedback. We definitely plan to enhance the ability to tie in Revisions and Recommendation prompting in the new Appointment process in the future.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Please warn users who make an Estimate for every scheduled event, that their existing Estimates do not go into the new schedule automatically. :shock: I have to manually enter EVERY future appointment I have.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Scheduler”