Scheduler and Colors

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Scheduler and Colors

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Is there a setting somewhere to enable all of the colors in the scheduler?

When we post an Invoice the associated entry in the schedule automatically changes to standard color, grey, for Closed.

When a customer arrives and you click their entry in the schedule and create a Repair Order shouldn't the item in the schedule change to light green (Arrived)? Likewise, if you create an invoice from a Repair Order which was created from the schedule shouldn't the entry in the schedule change to the standard color, dark green, for Completed. Are we missing a setting somewhere, a bug, or new functionality that we have yet to see?
Dan
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Scheduler and colors...

Post by ricmorin »

Schedule statuses are independent from WIP statuses and do not automatically change based on actions in Manager, other than when posting. You need to MANUALLY change statuses in the Scheduler.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

ricmorin wrote:Schedule statuses are independent from WIP statuses and do not automatically change based on actions in Manager, other than when posting. You need to MANUALLY change statuses in the Scheduler.
Is this functionality being developed for a near future release?
Dan
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

It's possible, but logistically I doubt it. With user defined statuses, some people don't use the pre-programmed ones. Having the program automatically switch to pre-programmed statuses may cause issues with those users.

Of course there are those who say to make it user selectable. That would be awesome, but resources and time would be needed to develop something that many users would turn off. Not the best use of internal resources.

My personal take is this: why have a SEPARATE list of statuses in the Scheduler? I want ONE set that updates in BOTH places. SIMPLE.

I'll let M1 comment on what is being developed for the scheduler. Mine are strictly observations.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
murraymotive
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by murraymotive »

ricmorin wrote:It's possible, but logistically I doubt it. With user defined statuses, some people don't use the pre-programmed ones. Having the program automatically switch to pre-programmed statuses may cause issues with those users.

Of course there are those who say to make it user selectable. That would be awesome, but resources and time would be needed to develop something that many users would turn off. Not the best use of internal resources.

My personal take is this: why have a SEPARATE list of statuses in the Scheduler? I want ONE set that updates in BOTH places. SIMPLE.

I'll let M1 comment on what is being developed for the scheduler. Mine are strictly observations.
Having them mappable is not a massive task. We made a small tool to accomplish this in about 45mins.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

"...mappable is not a massive task. We made a small tool to accomplish this in about 45mins." Can you tell me more?

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Johnny5 wrote:"...mappable is not a massive task. We made a small tool to accomplish this in about 45mins." Can you tell me more?

JD
Yes, please elaborate.
Dan
murraymotive

Post by murraymotive »

Johnny5 wrote:"...mappable is not a massive task. We made a small tool to accomplish this in about 45mins." Can you tell me more?

JD
We compared SM.RepairOrderStatus.RepairOrderStatusId to SM.ScheduleStatus.StatusId to make a map in lieu of a sync tool. It watches SM.BOT_RepairOrderStatus.StatusDescription for changes and updates SM.Schedule.StatusId as the RO progresses.
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

murraymotive wrote:

JD
We compared SM.RepairOrderStatus.RepairOrderStatusId to SM.ScheduleStatus.StatusId to make a map in lieu of a sync tool. It watches SM.BOT_RepairOrderStatus.StatusDescription for changes and updates SM.Schedule.StatusId as the RO progresses.
Is this tool something that you can share?
Dan
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Scheduler and Colors

Post by timbre4 »

I believe this needs to be discussed further before sharing, to ensure an unsupportable condition is not being created.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
murraymotive

Post by murraymotive »

GUTHTIRE wrote:
murraymotive wrote:

JD
Is this tool something that you can share?
No, not really. It is not something easily installed & managed by someone who isn't familiar with going on. The next version maps StatusIds to each other that then auto-updates. I could share that one once I have the time to test it further.
John C.

Post by John C. »

murraymotive wrote:

JD
Well, THAT makes perfect sense... but, I kid!!!! :mrgreen:
John C.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

John C. wrote:
murraymotive wrote:

JD
Well, THAT makes perfect sense... but, I kid!!!! :mrgreen:
Glad you said it!
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.

Return to “Scheduler”