Scheduler Feedback 2016

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Scheduler Feedback 2016

Post by Silky7 »

We're working to address the screen flicker in the schedule. It is more noticeable for some than others with factors like monitor refresh rate playing a part.
M1 Product Manager
artadot
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: Scheduler Screen

Post by artadot »

Can't wait for the next update, I have missed updates due to AVG and Mitchell not playing nicely together, so I am in the process of downloading Avast and will then remove AVG and hopefully I receive all the updates in timely fashion. love what you guys have done with the schedule, keep up the great work.
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Scheduler Screen

Post by ricmorin »

Silky7 wrote:We're working to address the screen flicker in the schedule. It is more noticeable for some than others with factors like monitor refresh rate playing a part.
It's barely noticeable with 7.0.7 on the same computer you were logged into for 7.0.5
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
tanyah
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: Scheduler 7.07

Post by tanyah »

We just updated to Manager 7.0 today, been messing with the scheduler with setup and noticed on our appointments with companies, the company name does not appear in the header on the appointment block. Individual names do, but we have a lot of fleet companies and business and it would be beneficial for the system to read the company names as well.

Also for the Holidays if we could have a better designation on the schedule to distinguish on the day view.
ricmorin

Re: Scheduler Feedback & Requests

Post by ricmorin »

When starting a new appointment, the start and end times are predicated upon where you have the mouse and if you have selected any blocks. When adding canned jobs, it would be nice if the appointment auto-expanded to the correct duration. One may not know how many hours to block until you add all the canned jobs.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Scheduler 7.07

Post by timbre4 »

tanyah wrote:We just updated to Manager 7.0 today, been messing with the scheduler with setup and noticed on our appointments with companies, the company name does not appear in the header on the appointment block. Individual names do, but we have a lot of fleet companies and business and it would be beneficial for the system to read the company names as well.

Also for the Holidays if we could have a better designation on the schedule to distinguish on the day view.
Holidays display/behavior noted. I find that Company names do appear as suggested:
Attachments
company.png
company.png (17.94 KiB) Viewed 7343 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Schedule Indication of Day?

Post by timbre4 »

Wanda wrote:When viewing the schedule it would be helpful to have the tab at the top of (today) be a different color no matter what schedule view you are in. The (Go To Today) button just brings you to the current week or month that you are in; it does not give you any indication of the current day.
Thank you, this (Go To) Today behavior has been noted.
Tim McDonnell -
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Scheduler FEEDBACK [Actual SE 7.0 User Posts Only]

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Johnny5 wrote:
djacquot wrote:We print the schedule every morning and hang it on a clipboard, cant seem to get it to print so it is usable. I was able to set the shop hours but when printed it shows 5:00 am to 10:00 pm and jumbles everything so you cant read it. Any idea?
For the time being I modified the report 'Scheduled Events'. Click on the report button, click on the Management tab, select 'Scheduled Events' - it's a completely new report all the pertinent schedule data.
We use the "Scheduled Events" report from the Management tab. We found that if you select the dates for printing, select OK then the Print button, then Properties, then Finishing, then 2 pages per sheet. The printout is about as close as we've found to the original printout prior to the new Scheduler.
Dan
lawrenceautodiag

Post by lawrenceautodiag »

*My request would be to make it easier to manually add to an appointment instead of only adding notes or a can job.
Also, I would love to see if a description of work can be displayed on the scheduler to be able to roll mouse over and
see, I believe pass experience with the program ADP this was possible.
acofgb

Post by acofgb »

When I schedule a new appointment, a window opens that is titled "vehicle selection". This window has several tabs, they are too wide to be able to read all of them. When I re-size the tabs so they all fit, the setting does not stay. I have not been able to figure out what is triggering it to go back to it's default setting, but sometimes it does. Other times it will remember my setting for a few days, but then all of sudden it switches back to default.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

acofgb wrote:When I schedule a new appointment, a window opens that is titled "vehicle selection". This window has several tabs, they are too wide to be able to read all of them. When I re-size the tabs so they all fit, the setting does not stay. I have not been able to figure out what is triggering it to go back to it's default setting, but sometimes it does. Other times it will remember my setting for a few days, but then all of sudden it switches back to default.
I adjusted the columns in my Vehicle Selection window and they stay where I put them. I tried it with existing customers / vehicles, new vehicles and all stays where I want them. Then I closed the Scheduler out altogether; still good. Shut down Manager SE and came back, STILL good! Thinking maybe it's User profiles - so I switched to a different user profile and clicked on the Schedule button. The Schedule window opened in the smaller default size; so I maximized the Schedule window and went through the same motions under a different User name, Vehicle Selection columns still good! Closed and re-opened Schedule window and it remembered I like it full screen rather than the default 1/2 size view.

If you figure out how you're losing the column sizing, please let us know.
Tim McDonnell -
Bill Coniam

Post by Bill Coniam »

Since what you refer to as "Order Hours" is actually what's most important to a shop, could you consider making that stand out in each appointment, maybe like a red font? Also, since the scheduler is a bit character-heavy, maybe the customer name in bold type? that way it gets more efficient for at-a-glance use.

Thanks for your consideration
Back in the saddle again
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for the suggestions.
Tim McDonnell -
DavidCochran1

Feedback and Requests

Post by DavidCochran1 »

Hello, we have been using the scheduler for a month or so now, and overall I want to say great job, it is miles ahead of the old schedule. However I would like to put in a couple of requests. Some have been briefly touched upon but a couple of these have not.

1. I would like to be able to set up recurring block times in the schedule. I drop my kids off at school 2 days every other week, and I would love to be able to block this time as a recurrence instead of posting every single day. I also would like to block items like lunch time and doctors appointments using a recurrence (the way outlook does).

2. It would be very helpful to set up a shop event/block time by clicking on the time that is to be blocked, or even being able to right click the time, instead of navigating to the top of the screen and setting up the block by having to manually enter the date/time etc.

3. It would be very helpful if the color statuses were the entire appointment, instead of the coloring beside the appointment itself. The small slivers are hard to see when you are viewing more than one technicians schedule at a time (especially for those of us who are color blind).

4. When choosing an appointment that will block all day, it would be very helpful to have the appointment actually block the entire day, instead of only blocking a small section at the top. This is very misleading when trying to find an open appointment time.

5. It would be beneficial if we could automatically choose the duration of the appointment time instead of having it default to .5 hours.

6. It would also be helpful if when looking at the day view, we were able to see the customer phone number instead of having to hover over the appointment or clicking into the appointment. (To help with appointment reminders etc)

Thank you very much for your consideration of these requests!
Owner
Trinity Automotive, Inc.
651-242-2886
https//www.trinity-automotivemn.com

COL 3:23

Proud member of Trust Vets http://www.trustvets.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Much of this has been discussed, we do need to address Recurrence better. (it's available in Holidays setup but not quite the way you'd want to use it) Yes, an All Day event should be literally that visually and prevent booking over it.

As for the default appointment being .5 hours, there is a simple trick to get exactly what you want. 1. Go to the day (Normal) or tech (Technician view) or Resource (Resource view) you want and then drag 2 hours for example; right-click New Appointment and you start off with two hours.
Tim McDonnell -
integrity1

Post by integrity1 »

When can we see the new scheduler? Last October & at the SEMA show we got pretty excited about it and heard it was supposed to be available 1Q of 2016. Is there any way we can participate in the testing group and start putting it to use?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

integrity1 wrote:When can we see the new scheduler? Last October & at the SEMA show we got pretty excited about it and heard it was supposed to be available 1Q of 2016. Is there any way we can participate in the testing group and start putting it to use?
You have some catching up to do! The testing period was in December then it was released to new orders and selectively to existing customers on a requested basis. I suggest watching the videos below to get acquainted; then contact us and request to be upgraded. 888-724-6742 and follow prompts to customer service.

NEW 7.0 SCHEDULE
6064 Schedule Overview: https://youtu.be/I5IHsM7y7hc
6079 Creating an Appointment: https://youtu.be/xVB-JvfDjzM
6080 Entering a Shop Event: https://youtu.be/eyT3H0RqC6A
6076 Scheduler Options: https://youtu.be/m0Vk_P95_es
6033 Technician Setup: https://youtu.be/xQDiZ01gBEo
6077 Add/Edit Statuses: https://youtu.be/q5prEwdP0YE
6078 Add/Edit Resources: https://youtu.be/p_CojnbMZ7w
Tim McDonnell -
madmoneymike5
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Hide Old and/or Closed Appointments

Post by madmoneymike5 »

Not sure if this should go in this forum or the Enhancement Requests forum.

Can we get the ability to hide appointments:
1. Beyond n days old;
2. Beyond a specified date;
3. Future appointments more than n days forward;
4. Future appointments after a specified date;
5. Appointments marked with user-specified statuses (i.e. closed, no show, or any combination thereof);

...without having to "delete" the appointment?

If you could implement all of the above in a combination criteria that can be specified by the user, that would be great. (This is versus an all, one, or nothing approach.) This last bit might be confusing; let me know if you need clarification.
(Using Version 7.0.11 as of June 2016)
mchegger

Post by mchegger »

These are the things the scheduler needs to do:
1. Show the time the customer is supposed to DROP OFF the vehicle
2. Show me how many hours I have booked for a particular day.
3. Allow me to input how many hours the tech will be working on the vehicle
4. Let me see, at a glance, what my current sold hours are so I can plan how much work to book in the future.

I don't see the new scheduler doing this easily. There is much confusion between " Scheduled time" and " Job Hours" If we could edit job hours without being forced to use a canned job, that would be great. If scheduled hours was a one time slot field that represented the time the customer was scheduled to drop off the vehicle, that would be all I needed. Currently, the scheduler is overly complex and confusing.
BERGMANS1

Post by BERGMANS1 »

mchegger wrote:These are the things the scheduler needs to do:
1. Show the time the customer is supposed to DROP OFF the vehicle
2. Show me how many hours I have booked for a particular day.
3. Allow me to input how many hours the tech will be working on the vehicle
4. Let me see, at a glance, what my current sold hours are so I can plan how much work to book in the future.

I don't see the new scheduler doing this easily. There is much confusion between " Scheduled time" and " Job Hours" If we could edit job hours without being forced to use a canned job, that would be great. If scheduled hours was a one time slot field that represented the time the customer was scheduled to drop off the vehicle, that would be all I needed. Currently, the scheduler is overly complex and confusing.
Agreed.

Customer name.
Drop off time.
Expected Hours for each appointment.
Total number of appointments.
Total expected hours.
Note area for: Needs ride home, loaner, waiter, tow in, so on.
Box that shows if it is an estimate, repair order, invoice or posted.

In a legible list format.

Oh crap, sounds like the old schedule. :)

Return to “Scheduler”