Scheduler Changes Tech Assignment

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
priorityauto1

Scheduler Changes Tech Assignment

Post by priorityauto1 »

The latest change to the schedule is not great for all shops. It used to be that you could move customer jobs from one tech to the next and it wouldn't re-assign all jobs on that order to wherever you move the job to. We only have 5 techs and all of our techs do all different jobs. Maybe with a dealership you assign one customer job to one tech for the whole day, but we run it with multiple techs possibly working on one vehicle. So now unless we catch it prior to payment, all of the tech hours end up with wherever that job was on the scheduler before the bill was paid. This really messes up the monthly tech hour reports. Or we have to make multiple job entries for each tech that will work on the vehicle. IE one tech works on brakes and then I have to make a fake job for my alignment tech so that my service writer doesn't end up filling up "empty" time slots. That creates further problems because if one tech doesn't see there is a current order open they will just open another one. Why not have the option to manually assign a tech to a certain labor component and then it stays that way, irregardless of where the job is moved on the schedule?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Scheduler changes tech assignment

Post by ricmorin »

Agreed. It messes with us as well. I would love to use the tech assignment feature for the order but I don't want all the labor lines assigned. I suggested earlier that this be a switchable feature.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I agree as well. It does create problems for me as well.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
timsince

Re: Scheduler Changes Tech Assignment

Post by timsince »

I also agree. For various reasons we will moves jobs around the schedule. For example when a job is done we move it to the "unassigned" tech. We then have to go back into the job to change the tech assignment back to the proper ones. I would like it to not change tech assignments when moving on the schedule. Thank you.
Tim
Auburn, NY
murraymotive
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by murraymotive »

ricmorin wrote:Agreed. It messes with us as well. I would love to use the tech assignment feature for the order but I don't want all the labor lines assigned. I suggested earlier that this be a switchable feature.
^ This.
Having it reassign the global tech assignment and not all of the labor lines would be ideal.

Return to “Scheduler”