Getting Started With MessageCenter Texting

Discussions for Message Center texting option
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Getting Started With MessageCenter Texting

Post by sbebenelli »

We signed the contract today for the text option. Was told it takes 24 hours for it to go in effect. We'd receive an email when it's active. Hopefully we'll have it first thing Monday. Its $29 a month and you have to sign a 12 month commitment.
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re:Getting Started With MessageCenter Texting

Post by GUTHTIRE »

I assume there's a trial period prior to signing a 12 month agreement?
Dan
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Getting Started With MessageCenter Texting

Post by timbre4 »

GUTHTIRE wrote:I assume there's a trial period prior to signing a 12 month agreement?
As with our other products, you have 30 days (1st month) to opt out.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

$29 seems reasonable compared to some other offerings. People love to text these days.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

Mine is active today. I have played with it using my phone # and it works good. Gotta get used to using it. There is very little help instructions yet. I know that'll change.

What we will use it for is to let customers know their vehicle is ready and maybe text reminders the day before their appointment. I cannot tell you how many times we call and leave a voice mail telling the customer their vehicle is ready and 3 minutes later they call saying I see I missed a call. It seems no one listens to voice mail. This will save time not having to be on the phone twice to let the customer know its ready. I feel the customer will like it better too.

We will not text reminders of work needing done. I do not like it when companies send me reminders of services needing done. I tend to have them remove me from their texting service when they do that.

In the last year or two we have had customers ask if we could text them because they are at work. We just had someone ask on Thursday. I have used my personal cell phone and have text a few of them but I do not like customers knowing my personal cell number. I could see someone texting me after hours wanting info.

Like everyone I do not like adding another expense but I didn't have to think very hard about this one. $29 seems reasonable.
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

sbebenelli wrote:It seems no one listens to voice mail.
I'm not sure what happens to VM's in our area. Sometimes the VM arrives right away, sometimes minutes or hours later...I've had VM's arrive a full day later. I don't know if it's that VM's have a lower priority than text messages or simply the size of voice vs. text that causes the delay, probably size. We usually get "Hello, somebody just called me"...not "Hello this is Sally or Mike", let alone first AND last name, like we're somehow on walkie-talkies and we know who they are...but that's another topic altogether. Anyhow, this could be part of the reason that VM's are not listened to.
Dan
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

sbebenelli wrote:We signed the contract today for the text option. Was told it takes 24 hours for it to go in effect. We'd receive an email when it's active. Hopefully we'll have it first thing Monday. Its $29 a month and you have to sign a 12 month commitment.

Did you just click the request texting phone number on the program? Or did you call in?
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

The assignment of your texting phone number is all handled in the application. It will begin by trying to assign a phone number based on the area code in your Shop Setup Information.
M1 Product Manager
rhillig

Post by rhillig »

Silky7 wrote:The assignment of your texting phone number is all handled in the application. It will begin by trying to assign a phone number based on the area code in your Shop Setup Information.
When I tried to request a texting phone# it said my account does not support texting, I'm thinking I need to call in?
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

It would be a good idea to check on the order with our Customer Service group if it's been more than a couple of days since you ordered.
M1 Product Manager
sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by sbcauto »

Would Like To Use Texting Options. However Don't Get Enough Customers Asking For It Yet To Justify 29.00 us A month. However Would Try To Use It More If It Was Part Of The Existing Subscription to Manager.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

sbcauto wrote:Would Like To Use Texting Options. However Don't Get Enough Customers Asking For It Yet To Justify 29.00 us A month. However Would Try To Use It More If It Was Part Of The Existing Subscription to Manager.
This feature incurs a third party cost to us to provide, hence it is offered as an add-on.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “MessageCenter”