2002 Olds Silhouette - No Start

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
LMORRIS249
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2002 Olds Silhouette - No Start

Post by LMORRIS249 »

Will not start for 30 minutes to 50 minutes after engine has been turned off for 30 minutes to an hour. This condition is intermitent. Sometimes it starts fine after sitting for a short time. Has spark and fuel pressure and at some point during the no start if you turn the starter over it will for a split second act like it is going to start, if you manage to press the accelerator during this time it will start up. We have checked the security system and all appears fine. Customer says the problem only started after hitting a deer but there is minimal body damage and the van runs great when it runs. Never stalls after it is started. Any suggestions?
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2002 Olds Silhouette - No Start

Post by steven kiser »

sounds like an insurance issue. if the deer wasn't insured does it have any DOE. :lol: now tell me you didn't see this coming. ok, now what do you have for fuel pressure? if the person hit and drove over the deer "o deer" had to fit in an o here, see if there is any damage to the tank or any wiring associated with the 02's. you say you have spark and fuel, what about injector pulse? if i remember correctly the harness runs right along the radiator core support and i've had issues there as well as the power distribution box. see if it's loose. it may have broken free and snapped a wire. i had a van with weird electrical issues caused by someone pulling the upper core support forward to realign it so the hood would close and damaged the harness. it may be coincidence or may in fact be a result of the hit or something that happened because of it. i always suggest to a customer that has been in a fender bender to notify their insurance company and possibly open a claim. they may choose not to activate the claim but the option is there. on the other hand if you do find the issue is related to the accident and have really ripped into it, the insurance company may deny the claim because of what's been done already. imagine the poop storm if in fact this does occur. you may loose a customer or be forced to eat a bunch of work.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Cars”