2002 Chrysler Sebring - Need West Coast PCM Rebuilder

Specific repair issues for Dodge cars & FWD vans
slowtech
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

2002 Chrysler Sebring - Need West Coast PCM Rebuilder

Post by slowtech »

I'm looking for a reliable PCM rebuilder on the west coast. We're working on a '02 Chrysler Sebring. Any leads appreciated. Thanks, Tom
asample
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: 2002 Chrysler Sebring - Need West Coast PCM Rebuilder

Post by asample »

I had this company rebuild one for an older Ranger that I could not find a computer for and it was reasonable. I sent them my unit and turn time was also reasonable. My cost was $225.00 plus $25.00 freight.

N.P.C. Automotive Centers
Houston, TX
866-326-4227

Hope this helps.
Arlin G. Sample
Automotive Services of All Sorts, Inc.
Greeley, CO 80631
970-352-5598
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

slowtech wrote:I'm looking for a reliable PCM rebuilder on the west coast. We're working on a '02 Chrysler Sebring. Any leads appreciated. Thanks, Tom

arrrrrrrgggggggg, a sebring. prayer candles, witch dr, chicken bones, and dice.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
crmeyers

Post by crmeyers »

Had really bad luck with even aftermarket remanufactured Chrysler PCMs. Let me know if you find someone that's reliable.
Chris Meyers
Service Center Manager
Ocean Air Auto Repair
www.oceanairauto.com
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

Some time back I had a PCM that we could not find one for and my #1 parts supplier suggested sending it to the Standard Motor Products for rebuilding. We didn't need to do it but this is the same company that makes and sells the Standard and Blue Streak ignition and electrical parts. At the moment I do not have a phone number or address for them but I am sure one could be gotten somewhere.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

now hear this, dahlmer chrystler notified all their dealers that even the reman pcm's from them can carry ghost programs. there was also situations that the pcm's could cross contaminate. i personally had a chrystler that lost it's dash functions as soon as i installed a reman pcm. there baby's are full of bugs. loose connections in the power distribution box to programmer issues. there cars will make the best techs in the world look like key stone cops. i lost a good customer because he thought we weren't qualified to work on his chrystler. the dealer even had issues with this car. his kid wrecked it doing him the biggest favor possible. going against my better judgment as well as my preaching in the forum i will purchase pcm's from certain salvage yards. i have to say that this has been more successful than installing remans. i will put a hand on the bible and say that with reman's on there applications solving one issue there is a 50% probability that another will arise within a short amount of time. usually a shift issue or door lock malfunction........
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

ya have some valid points steve. Can relate to what ya say about chrysler pcms, as well as getting ones from a salvage yard.

Return to “Dodge Cars”