2000 Ford Taurus - Won't Crank

Specific repair issues for Ford cars & FWD vans
AFFORDABLEAUTOREPAIR
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2000 Ford Taurus - Won't Crank

Post by AFFORDABLEAUTOREPAIR »

DAVE AGAIN 00 FORD CUSTOMER HAD WATER IN FUEL TANK, CAR CRANKED FINE. CLEANED SYSTEM PUT BACK TOGETHER NOT ONLY DOES IT NOT START BUT WON'T EVEN CRANK. RADIO COMES ON BUT NO SOUND, NO COMM. WITH SCANNER. JUMP STARTER CRANKS FINE, NO INJ. PULSE NO SPARK, NO FUEL PRESSURE. MY OTHER TECH. WAS DOING THE JOB NOW DUMPED ON DAVE TO FIX. APPLY GROUND TO STARTER RELAY RADIO STARTS PLAYING SOUND AND WILL CRANK WITH KEY NO SPARK OR INJ. PULSE JUST PULLED THIS JOB. I'LL TAKE ANY INPUT. THANKS
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2000 Ford Taurus - Won't Crank

Post by steven kiser »

i need flow of repair to be a better help but sounds like SOMEONE SHORTED TO GROUND AND POPPED A FUSE or if mmm lets say tech #1 cranked the battery low and atached battery charger to battery while it was in the "on" position and it arced. unfortunately if the key was on at the same time the pcm probably got roasted. me thinks that since the pcm controls by ground and you ground the relay and it powers up someone made a big boo boo. by triggering the relay you're back feeding the system. hook up your scanner and see if it will run the key on engine off function. if not probably the pcm. another thing to check is the main ground to the engine. if the cables heated up and the connection was questionable it may have failed. if the main ground is lost and you ground the relay it may, just possibly try to pull the amp load through the relay to crank. remember the old chevrolets with the secondary ground cables roasted because the main lost contact with the block. sorry for the ramble..........
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
AFFORDABLEAUTOREPAIR

TRACED WIRING FOUND NO SHORTS TO POWER OR GROUNDS. CHANGED PCM NO CHANGE. WITH CAR IN REV\DRIVE KEY ON RADIO COMES ON AND PLAYS SOUND, BUT IN P\NU RADIO COMES ON BUT NO SOUND, AND NO CRANK. I ALWAYS SEEM TO GET RETARDED REPAIRS PLEASE HELP MY BRAIN IS FRIED. THANKS DAVE
wbuxton
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by wbuxton »

Replace the MLPS. I can't explain it but I've seen it 3 times and the radio is always a symptom.
Uncle PETA said I could come back.
William
Weatherford, TX
817-599-7680
866-744-3887
http://www.phoenixtrans.com
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

What is the connection between the radio and the MLPS? This could be an interesting find for me.
wbuxton

Post by wbuxton »

I don't know why and I can't take credit for figuring it out. I had a geek working for me and that is what he did to fix the problem. No codes, no obvious trail to follow. It's cheaper than a PCM :wink:
Uncle PETA said I could come back.
William
Weatherford, TX
817-599-7680
866-744-3887
http://www.phoenixtrans.com
AFFORDABLEAUTOREPAIR

THANKS FOR THE INPUT BUT ALREADY REPLACED MLPS AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

i'de really look into a remote starter or what was done to the car before this happened. radio installed, alarm, jump started?
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
AFFORDABLEAUTOREPAIR

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. CAR IS FIXED. REPLACED COMP. REPROGRAM ANTI THEFT AND SHORTED MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR. THANKS AGAIN DAVE
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

thanks for posting the repair. makes absolutely no sense of how these things failed but in the past i've had seized compressors stop engines from cranking. if you were bleeding the fuel rail did the drain hose get away from you and spray the fuel around? did you spray carb cleaner or either into air intake and get a huge intake back fire? little things like this may seem unimportant but may hold the answer. again, i'm always glad when someone trudges through the mud and solves issues and posts the flow.........................................i love reading the "you gotta be kidding me" posts.

Return to “Ford Cars”