Email Client

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
KERNERS
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Email Client

Post by KERNERS »

Is Microsoft Office ok to use again for emailing within Mitchell? Years ago there were issues and it was recommended that we switch to another email client so we switched to Modzilla thunderbird. I recently installed a new desktop and outlook was defaulted at the time, this is what made me ask about it. Can I use Outlook or is there a preferred email client app I should install? Thanks
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Email Client

Post by megoff »

Outlook can be used for the email client. There are still some issues with Outlook but that's more because Microsoft is doing some strange things to tie Outlook even with the default switched off in Windows.

In Tech Support we recommend ThunderBird as it's a free email client that we haven't had many issues with in the past, but I know of quite a few people using Outlook without issues as well.
M1 Product Manager
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

KERNERS wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:20 pm
Is Microsoft Office ok to use again for emailing within Mitchell? Years ago there were issues and it was recommended that we switch to another email client so we switched to Modzilla thunderbird. I recently installed a new desktop and outlook was defaulted at the time, this is what made me ask about it. Can I use Outlook or is there a preferred email client app I should install? Thanks
We stumbled quite a bit w/Office 365, I realize you said Microsoft Office...not sure if it's Office 365. We finally punted and went to Thunderbird. If I recall, we installed Thunderbird and everything just worked.
Dan
KERNERS
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by KERNERS »

Yeah, we currently have Thunderbird as well, however we notice some delays when using it that we have not been able to resolve on brand new systems and with a brand new server.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”